Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Jeff Wayne's war of the worlds musical

Anybody ever been? We're going on Sunday, 30th anniversary (wow I feel old!!) I'm really looking forward to it I still listen to the original music & love it - I was scared of it when I was a kid & I thought the film re-make afew years back was a real let down!
Anyway the show was on last year & a friend went who said it was amazing, especially the lasers - this is the details of show:
This year's show features Jeff Wayne once more conducting The Black Smoke Band and The ULLAdubULLA strings and features Justin Hayward, Shannon Noll & special guest star Jennifer Ellison, with other Guest Artists soon to be announced. PLUS the incredible 35-foot Martian Fighting Machine that fires Heat Rays at the audience while scanning them with it's bug-like-eyes, a 100-foot wide screen showing CGI animation & the spellbinding 11-foot high hologram of Richard Burton performing his role as George Herbert The Journalist. Next year's tour includes new ingredients including unique Illusions, so Jeff Wayne's Musical Version 30th Anniversary Tour promises to be the most magical yet
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 02:05 PM
OMG I love this!!! I have the original cut of this ...I remeber reading the Book by HG Well, which is were it is taken from and was scared silly. Even more so when I listen to this music...esp the bit where the screw unwinds. ewwwwww

Love War of the Worlds.... best played with a good set of headphones and then you can have it as loud as you like...
I have hinted for my birthday because I think it is going to the Echo arena in Liveprool

Elaine xxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
OMG I love this!!! I have the original cut of this ...I remeber reading the Book by HG Well, which is were it is taken from and was scared silly. Even more so when I listen to this music...esp the bit where the screw unwinds. ewwwwww

Love War of the Worlds.... best played with a good set of headphones and then you can have it as loud as you like...
I have hinted for my birthday because I think it is going to the Echo arena in Liveprool

Elaine xxx
I listen to it on my i pod when I'm ironing! I've got the remix version so it's really funky & the kids think I've gone mad as I'm singing "The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.. do do doooo"

I bet you like Tubular Bells too? (I have the theme as my ringtone when the kids ring me & get some right funny looks!!)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I listen to it on my i pod when I'm ironing! I've got the remix version so it's really funky & the kids think I've gone mad as I'm singing "The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.. do do doooo"

I bet you like Tubular Bells too? (I have the theme as my ringtone when the kids ring me & get some right funny looks!!)
Forever Autumn is my fav, but yea I love that one too and sing at the top of my voice....and the heat ray...ewwwwwwwww spooky stuff.

Oh no!! Tubular Bells, still sends shivers down my spine. I went to see the Exorcist in Liverpool when it first came out and boyfriend wouldn't let me leave so I sat with my head on my knees and my fingers in my ears the whole time. When we came out I was rushed by Salvation Army Guys saying all kinds and offering councelling Slept with my bedroom light on for months after. I think my Dad took one look at my face and said "You keep your light on if you want to tonight" I shivered in bed the whole night terrified to move in case the bloody bed started moving and I was dying for pee too!!!!

Have seen the film again since then, and I still think it's creepy, but I can handle it now..I was only 18 at the time and very niave

Elaine xxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh no!! Tubular Bells, still sends shivers down my spine. I went to see the Exorcist in Liverpool when it first came out and boyfriend wouldn't let me leave so I sat with my head on my knees and my fingers in my ears the whole time. When we came out I was rushed by Salvation Army Guys saying all kinds and offering councelling Slept with my bedroom light on for months after. I think my Dad took one look at my face and said "You keep your light on if you want to tonight" I shivered in bed the whole night terrified to move in case the bloody bed started moving and I was dying for pee too!!!!

Have seen the film again since then, and I still think it's creepy, but I can handle it now..I was only 18 at the time and very niave

Elaine xxx

Lol yeah one of my brothers went to see it (I wasn't old enough) & he was scared sh*tless - I think there were nuns protesting outside the Allerton Cinema wich made it all the more worse - I love the music album though!! (thought you might like it!)
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:43 PM
It has been to Liverpool, just looked to get tickets. Only dates in Brighton left....
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
It has been to Liverpool, just looked to get tickets. Only dates in Brighton left....
We're seeing it in Brighton - I think it's on every year though.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Getting excited now for tonight! It was on last night too & some people came into hubs work for drinks after & said it was amazing but they wouldn't spoil the surprise when he told them we are going tonight
Some of them paid £140 each per ticket from Ticketmaster!
Ours were £35!

Can you tell I don't go out often!!!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
We saw it at the 02 the other week - was absolutely and utterly fabulous. Big fans anway but it's such and amazing experience live! Wasn't very impressed with Jennifer Ellison though - she didn't do a bad job per se, but compared to the quality of everyone else I felt it made her look very poor.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
All of the above! Played this album over and over again, Tubular bells too (what's that other one only to be played with headphones on:Tangerine Dream was it?? ??), loved all that era (now I'm into Dance/Trance though

Enjoy it should be fantastico!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >