Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:34 PM

The best gift you have ever given?

Ok, we have talked about the receiving end but what about the best gift you have ever given. the one you sit on the edge of your seat for, waiting to see it unwrapped.....

I'll tell you mine after Xmas.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:45 PM
It was gold bracelet and necklace for my mum, i'd saved half of my student loan and spent it all on that, she wore it everyday from that moment until the day she died. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:56 PM
A weeks holiday for Baz.

He had no idea. I arranged it with his work, and his golfing pal Ron (Jackie's OH) and Jackie.

He came home from work on the Friday night, thinking he was working the next day. I had told him I was buying him a days golf for his early birthday present.

He was gobsmacked when he opened the scorecard they had sent me and saw it was for St. Mellion in Cornwall, alongside a week's holiday.

Brilliant!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 06:04 PM
When I was about 10, we didn't have much money, as my mum was bringing us up on her own, and I saved all my pocket money to buy her a bottle of perfume from Woollies which I liked (it was probably c*ap!!), and I couldn't wait for her to open it on Christmas morning, I remember it like it was yesterday!!! Strange isn't it, but it's the only present I remember sitting on the edge of my seat with excitement over! Quite sad to think, that when you DO have a bit of money, and you buy things for peops it doesn't quite give you the same buzz

I did buy my best friend those shoes in M & S that she adored a month ago, and couldn't afford them, so I told her I would pay for them and theyould be one of her Christmas presents, and that gave me quite a nice feeling on the day - she's probably worn them out by now though so it won't give me the excitement on Christmas Day!