View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:42 AM
geez there is so much involved in breeds I dont know about,, Im kinda doing her show training with Elaine so I had best get up to speed on this stuff quick smart,,lol
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
cheers for that,, had a looky peek, right next load of questions,,lol
will her head poss come with age?
could it be the diff between Aus breeding and uk?
I know rotties differ so much from aus to uk,, just wondered if bullys differ too,, so guess what im saying is Do uk dogs tend to be longer and leaner in the head?
I have actually found that they(uk) seem to be alot broader and more defined. My girl Georgie is a result of a double up mating of an Eng Ch and she was bred to a UK imp to produce Chinas' Talon, and he is already very broad in the head and looks set to have a lovely profile. Mostly I think that it depends on what breeding she has, terrier style(lean) or bull style(chunky) but at the end of the day there is no PERFECT dog of the breed and as long as she is balanced for her type.
chopperlodge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:49 AM
geez there is so much involved in breeds I dont know about,, Im kinda doing her show training with Elaine so I had best get up to speed on this stuff quick smart,,lol
Don't stress, just look up the breed standard and that will give you the basis of what to look for as with any breed.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hope I have helped but feel free to bounce any more Q's you have my way.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:50 AM
the head should come on with age,
as with differences is more in the USA bred dogs that I notice the diff's in the bullies with China pedigree it was the uk side I was interested in and by getting Talon, he ties in with the uk bloodlines I have even though her sire is a Amercian bred Champ and the funny thing is neither myself or chopperlodge can find Am Ch Gothic's Earl of Warwick anywhere apart from 4 pups which 2 of them are ours one is a halflitter sitter down here the other is cant remember but that it even the breeder doesn't mention him funny isn't it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 02:52 AM
I guess I have not seen many of these, there aint many kicking round where I am, I show a working breed so Im always on a diff day from the EBT so I never really even se them at shows, so I have nothing to compare to, but as you say a lot can happen in six months,, shes a hoot to have around though,, x
Sally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by chopperlodge View Post
Hi Sally,

I actually show 2 solids at both all breed and specialty levels. I have personally found that because they are solids they tend to actually stand out more, but have had success at both levels with them. Jason had asked me the
the question the other day about how the solids do in the ring and I can honestly say my 2 have done very well. My girl took out a BOB last Friday. My solid boy is actually the dad of the pups that he is agonising over.
I do acknowledge that sometimes it can be hard showing a solid, maybe I'm just used to it..lol.
Hi Chopperlodge,
Well done with your solids.. I was only giving my opinion on what I have seen an experienced in the "all breeds" ring.. Was not taking anything away from solids.. I have spoken to many breeders and there advice was the same.. Some judges have also said to me that they find a white (original BT colour) or a coloured/white to be more flashy than the solid colours (other than white)..

Was just giving opinion to Jason as he asked, but never have I not loved a Bullie because of its colour...

Sally-ann xx
jason84
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-04-2008, 07:34 AM
its all good sally......... thanks for your opinion i've taken your points on board
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Hi Chopperlodge,
Well done with your solids.. I was only giving my opinion on what I have seen an experienced in the "all breeds" ring.. Was not taking anything away from solids.. I have spoken to many breeders and there advice was the same.. Some judges have also said to me that they find a white (original BT colour) or a coloured/white to be more flashy than the solid colours (other than white)..

Was just giving opinion to Jason as he asked, but never have I not loved a Bullie because of its colour...

Sally-ann xx
People often get a bit like that with markings in rotts, To be honest, so long as the dog is well put together, moves well and so on, I dont mind a bit of sooty markings, I would rather have a balanced dog than great markings {both would be nice } thank god I have kaos,, lol
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2008, 01:46 AM
People often get a bit like that with markings in rotts, To be honest, so long as the dog is well put together, moves well and so on, I dont mind a bit of sooty markings, I would rather have a balanced dog than great markings {both would be nice } thank god I have kaos,, lol
very well said Shona, in a perfect world it would be lovely having a perfect dog to show but we all know that there is no dog that is 100% perfect,

down here there is a woman who say all the right things to get a dog but when she gets it and while its winning all well and good but let it stop well off it goes and then all of a sudden the dog has this problem and had post many nasty things trying to ruin a breeder rep but never including the so call vet's report, when she had a bullie related to my boy cruz who had beaten her dog many times, she had put up on a public dog forum that her dog had some disease that only came from the bitch's side and not to use any dog in their breeding program that was related to her dog on the dam's side and that she was only passing on what her vet had said when he got all the test back, since my dog was related to her dog and she had told everyone not to use him I had ask for her to post the so call vet report so all could see it, it had never been posted so I got the offending post removed, since then she has done it to other breeder this time a rottie and I have shown it to a few ppl the owners of this dog in question had also sent a reply in but with vet reports and saying that the only truthful part of her post was yes her poor husband had died but as you can see by these reports and had also given the admin permission to contact the vet that she was lying through her teeth,

there is one post here I think is funny
Some judges have also said to me that they find a white (original BT colour) or a coloured/white to be more flashy than the solid colours (other than white)..
why would a judge who was judging a different breed say this to Exh grant it same group , but still it just doesn't have that ring of
Sally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by China View Post
there is one post here I think is funny
Some judges have also said to me that they find a white (original BT colour) or a coloured/white to be more flashy than the solid colours (other than white)..
why would a judge who was judging a different breed say this to Exh grant it same group , but still it just doesn't have that ring of
I'm sorry, what is funny about my post??

Sally Annxx
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »