View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I think Molly is still learning a little, but I don't put food in her dish until she sits. She wont take it then till I say so. When she was a pup we would also take her dish away for a minute and also pet her and rub her ears and stuff. She would growl a little at first but soon got used to us not being a threat. We can now take anything away from her with no problem, she always gets a reward fo letting us borrow her bone.
Will employ this method with new pup in 8 weeks time and it should work with her too hopefuly. No substitute for good manners eh!?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
i only have indie to feed, but i usually ask her to sit or some other command such as lie down or twist and then i give her her meal. Shes well behaved with us, she will wait calmy while we eat and doesnt jump up at us, and then she is again asked for a command before she can have anything at the end.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Luna will sit and wait for me to put her bowl down and not eat till given the "go ahead".

If I dogsit Bella, they are fed together.. Not side by side, as they are not fed the same food. Luna is rawfed and Bella is kibblefed.

I dont think there would be any problems, but wont take the chance.

When they are finished eating, they will go to the other bowl to check that its all empty

Luna has growled at Oliver (the cat) a few times, but that's only when he's shown an interest in her bones.. I've stopped that asap.. I will NOT have her growling at me or anyone else...

When I get a puppy (in hopefully not too long time) it will be asked to sit and wait for the go ahead.. And it will be fed with Luna..
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2