Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Nope, for that could be construed as libellous.

But IMO it's a shame the rescue felt the need for pts - they could've at least attempted to find a suitable owner.
She mauled someone Becs he suffered greatly, and when the RSPCA came to take her away she attacked them, she was a lsot cause,......or so they said
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
We got her when her litter where 4 weeks, when we took her as a foster when the pups were 12 weeks and left we deicded to keep her, but she had allways been very distant lets say
Well her temp is bound to of changed just having pups, being rehomed and moved around so many times, and then her pups were taken away she is bound not to be her normal self after all this
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 10:55 PM
She mauled someone Becs he suffered greatly, and when the RSPCA came to take her away she attacked them, she was a lsot cause,......or so they said
Yes I read that bit the first time. But I still think any rescue should try to more accurately assess each individual dog to place it with suitable owners - and this is even more important with a tiny child in the house, as in this case. Aetiologies of aggression can be widely varied, and not all dogs are 'lost causes' or 'nutcases'.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Well why do you think we opted out of fostering, as we were sick and tired of a certain society making rash decisions about dogs and cats we put hard work into!!!!!!!!!!!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 10:57 PM
one thing is that the rspca has its faults but its not that bad to be honest

i always thought that the rspca were picky to picky to be honest when it comes to rehoming, strikes me luke they gave u that dog to ur family!

also pretty shocked lab rescued never got involved, as they normally send pure breeds to the breed rescue homes
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah I completely agree with you there Hayley - I volunteered with the 'problem' dogs of the Sheffield branch of the RSPCA when I was a student - saw many dogs remain in rescue or get sent to breed rescue as only unsuitable potential owners wanted them. That particular branch was excellent, putting the dog's welfare before the wants of owners.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Yeah I completely agree with you there Hayley - I volunteered with the 'problem' dogs of the Sheffield branch of the RSPCA when I was a student - saw many dogs remain in rescue or get sent to breed rescue as only unsuitable potential owners wanted them. That particular branch was excellent, putting the dog's welfare before the wants of owners.
yes that what worries me about where luke got his lab from!

if i wanted a pure breed dog i wouldnt go to the rspca but a breed rescue as they can match the right dog with the right owners

cross breed dogs are matched with the right owners to by the rspca but they also very picky and dont just give to anyone
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Well why do you think we opted out of fostering, as we were sick and tired of a certain society making rash decisions about dogs and cats we put hard work into!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry luke i dont get you here, at the beginning of this i said could she not be given back and trained and you replied
'Nat she mauled someone for christs sake, the rescue took her away to be PTS,'
Are you going back on what you said, one min your saying that she mauled someone so had no choice but to be pts, now your saying you dont get why they make such rash decisions
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 11:25 PM
we had no choice in the matter, it was shocking but we thought necesary, but them making rash decsions wasnt direcly aimed at this case, at various other fosters in which certainly rash decisions were made.

Hayley, as my family did fostering for our local RSPCA branch, she was fostered over to us with her pups, bt as she was a loner and had a few other things my parents decided that she could stay with us. Unfortunatley the damage of her previous life, of whihc i am not at liberty to discuss, had made ireperable (sp?) mental scars
Best wishes
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Sounds like you haven't had a lot of luck with some of your dogs, and with particular regard to this case it's an awful shame. :smt009 :smt010

But, being only teeny tiny you weren't responsible for any of the problems, and at least you've now got your two, so hopefully there'll be no more pts, health or behavioural problems
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >