Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2011, 07:33 PM

My dog is DEFINITLEY my best friend!

I had to share as we all know our dogs are our best friends but I had to get up for work last week at 5am, as I mostly work from home you can imagine I did not want to be up at that time! As I was grumpily drying my hair I looked over to see my beautiful girl sat looking at me, when I smiled (which grumpy as I was I couldn't help doing the way she sat looking) and said good morning she came straight to me wagging her tail and just wanting a cuddle.
I have some lovely human very close friends and a lovely family but I can guarantee that if any of them got up with me at that time of the morning I would not get a greeting like I got off Summer.
Got me to thinking what I already know but reminded what wonderful companions dogs are that no matter what time I go to bed or get up she is there happy to see me, if I get up in the night for anything she is wagging her tail (she sleeps under my bed) when I go back to bed letting me know she is listening out for me.... Adorable

xx
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
How lovely, i must admit to be fairly knew to falling in love with dogs, but my two can make me laugh and smile all the time, even if they are pushing the boundaries occasionally!
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Toby gives all members of the family a greeting worth coming home to. Even if youve only been out for 10 mins.
He's a lovely bouncy puppy and he makes me smile even when he's fast asleep.
He is my little shaddow, and is loved to bits.
In general he is a good boy, but he does have his naughty moments like digging massive holes in my garden and chewing every corner off my cushions
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Lol!! Summer used to chew everything, she virtually demolished my hall and I had to replace all the door frames but she soon grew out of it (thank goodness!) xx
lilyben
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
their devotion never falters,annie sleeps in our room and as im a very light sleeper i hear her moving around,every night without fail she gets up in the early hours and checks either side of the bed then gets back to her bed!!,karen
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm the same... Having a puppy means hard work at times... this also means he can get on my nerves a bit or i can get a bit down/frustrated on days when everything appears to go wrong... its generally then that Dex does something really cute or comes up and cuddles me of just lies with his puppy eyes staring up at me and I can't help but forget everything and just fall in love with him all over again xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Have to say I feel absolutely the same as you - my dogs are a ray of sunshine to me. I have a very stressful job, and when I come home at lunchtime to let the dogs out for a wee, and to have a cuddle, (commonly known as the "Ginger Squishy"), my mood is immediately lifted and all the worries just disappear......

As far as I know, there's nothing else that can do this for me.......

Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Hear hear Vicki,
As humans we have our own emotions to deal with so our first thought everytime is not always for those of us around us yet our gorgeous dogs live to please us I just adore her but when I think about how eager she is to please me I just melt! Shes so funny, she's not allowed on the couch but she was very ill at Christmas so I was a bit soft with the furniture thing, she's just tried to get up next to me, looking at me out of the corner of her eye but not looking directly at me, when I said 'down Summer' she looked so dissapointed... aw.. shes curled up at my feet now instead lol!!

xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Daisy is the only person I know who greets every day with delight. She bounces up to me as soon as I stir and is so glad we are in the world that she makes me happy to get up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I couldn't agree more, dogs never seem to have grumpy days or ever get in a bad mood do they, we could learn something there

Since Zena was a little puppy, our morning greetings still take a good 5 minutes, where she greets me at the bottom of the stairs, picks up my slipper and round and round she goes, shoving that slipper in my face (coz I always get on the floor with her I know!!!!). Hubby just sits there and looks on, and when she thinks she's fussed me enough, she slopes off back to bed, upside down, waiting for her tummy rub, oh I love the mornings! I've never once come down to a grumpy dog, even if she's been off-colour with sickness bugs, she's never missed my morning greeting.

If ever I come downstairs for a naughty midnight snack there they are, zonked spark out across the kitchen, but then those tails start slapping on the floor, louder and louder they slap, till I get down to say a quick hi! Oh I love my dogs I don't think hubby would be happy if I woke him up like that in the middle of the night! Many years ago maybe, but not now lol!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >