Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm not sure about the section we did that day - I've only done it the once with you...there weren't any then were there - but I can't remember what day it was - did we do that one in the evening?

If it's miles of hills, I'll be waiting with star at the bottom I don't mind hills when I'm walking by myself, but I'm not fit enough to do hills and talk at the same time
Most of the walks suggested by me are fairly flat
Oh that's super then, she'll be fine with that and all the better for me too haha!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Are there any bodies of water?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh I would love to come but it's a bit too far for me to travel and anyway I don't think my new hip will be ready for dog walking by then

It's time someone came to South Devon for a holiday
Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwa......I feel a holiday coming on....Devon is gorgeous
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm not sure about the section we did that day - I've only done it the once with you...there weren't any then were there - but I can't remember what day it was - did we do that one in the evening?

If it's miles of hills, I'll be waiting with star at the bottom I don't mind hills when I'm walking by myself, but I'm not fit enough to do hills and talk at the same time
Most of the walks suggested by me are fairly flat
I was thinking of those woods with Shona etc,.,then that Loch....don;t know the names, but it wasn't a massive travel...well from our side.

And if there are miles of hills, it will be Star, you and Pat waiting till we get back.....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwa......I feel a holiday coming on....Devon is gorgeous

I was thinking of those woods with Shona etc,.,then that Loch....don;t know the names, but it wasn't a massive travel...well from our side.

And if there are miles of hills, it will be Star, you and Pat waiting till we get back.....
Was that Beecraigs ??
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Was that Beecraigs ??
Give that girl a choci bic....yes thats it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Give that girl a choci bic....yes thats it
already had my biccy !! LOL

Its great at Beecraigs but can be quite busy in the summer months at the weekends...
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 10:17 PM
You also have Devilla forest - don't know much about it but i think it has marked walks?, Lochore country meadows park (has loads of walks, you can walk round the loch and it has the cafe/park centre). Train wise - there is a station at Lochgelly and you are about 10 mins from the park there.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 10:21 PM
I thought about walking at Beecraigs with my two - it sounds really nice - but I read it was a deer park so didn't go.

Are there many deer there - if so it might not be suitable for some dogs.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
I thought about walking at Beecraigs with my two - it sounds really nice - but I read it was a deer park so didn't go.

As far as I know the deer are only in one part of the park and can be avoided.
I dont mind where we go
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
You also have Devilla forest - don't know much about it but i think it has marked walks?, Lochore country meadows park (has loads of walks, you can walk round the loch and it has the cafe/park centre). Train wise - there is a station at Lochgelly and you are about 10 mins from the park there.
Both sound nice, but as Steph is staying in Jeburgh, I wanted to keep the walk the south side of the forth.

Originally Posted by skilaki View Post

As Lionhound says, they are only in one area of the park. But taking out that part of the park, the area to walk isn't that big really.

I'm starting to favour Blackness.

The path through the woods is quite wide making it easier for people to walk together and the trees are fairly well spaced so that the dogs don't have to stay on the path. Also, the few times I've been, you do meet a few people, but nowhere near as many as the other walks.

There's a small burn in an open area for the dogs to drink/play from (and if the weather is nice for us to sit and sunbathe for awhile ).

Its not a circular walk so you have to turn back on yourself at some point, but that also means that we can make it as long or as short as we like.

If only someone would buy and open the pub in the village before 11th July, it would be absolutely perfect
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »