Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Info on natural feeding?

Hi all
I feed my 3 arden Grange. they look great on it. I can also buy it VAT free X2 15kg bags are about £44.00.
I've been looking into this naturediet food tonight. What are the advantages of feeding it. Does it work out cheaper. Skye gets colitis (hasn't had it since being on Arden Grange) will it help her, or irritate it. Any info suggestions on how to feed this kind of diet. If it would encourage my dogs health in any way i would feed it. If bones are to be included, Blue my big BC gets a little protected, so i have to be careful
Thanks
Julie
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Well the advantages of it are it's like feeding a natural diet but in a packet, it contains bone too I think?

It's very good stuff, the best wet food on the market IMO and is a big hit with my fussy (and "allergic to everything") Terrier! If you buy the sensitive one I don't think it will cause an upset stomach.

Disadvantages I would say is it's not cheap if you feed it as the only food - I think it's about 67p for a pack which is about 400grms.

With it being a wet food I always worry about tooth decay? Guess that could be solved with dental products that are on the market now though?

Hope that helps! Perhaps a good compromise would be to add it to the Arden Grange, if not it might be a good start to feeding it alone.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for that!
I always give mine a bit of cooked mince, tuna in veg oil, rice, any veg & a bit of sunday dinner in with their dinners. I wouldn't want to eat the same dinner everyday!
I think i'll stick with their food. I do highly recommend Arden Grange. They are really glossy on it.
Thanks
Julie
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Isla was on Arden + mince/fish/lamb/chicken as a pup and it suited her down to the ground. Until she decided that the mince etc tasted better!

Have to say if I do breed I'd definitely use Arden again for the pups.

It's always better to stick with what works I always think. My three are on completely different foods: Woody on Beta, Isla's raw fed and Pickles is on ND and Burns.

Whatever suits the dog best is fine by me tbh! Would be nice if I could feed them all the same mind, takes me ages to prepare meals!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Isla was on Arden + mince/fish/lamb/chicken as a pup and it suited her down to the ground. Until she decided that the mince etc tasted better!

Have to say if I do breed I'd definitely use Arden again for the pups.

It's always better to stick with what works I always think. My three are on completely different foods: Woody on Beta, Isla's raw fed and Pickles is on ND and Burns.

Whatever suits the dog best is fine by me tbh! Would be nice if I could feed them all the same mind, takes me ages to prepare meals!
my bitch has colitis bad and how do you make your own food wat ingredients do u use ,i used rice,beef mince vegs and vitaminsand iron for the blood loss,would you say that it is enouch she liked it and wasnt to bad on it never a hard poo in 3 yrs
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 12:28 PM
If I went back to commercial I would gladly feed it - probably as one of my first choices except with big dogs it would cost an awful lot.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Personally if you dogs is doing fine on Arden Grange then I wouldn't change it. I put my dogs on AG becuase my Boxer had colitis. I too used to 'add' a bit but stopped and now they just have it dry, never have tummy upsets or any illnesses and puppys raised on it are fab (can you tell I like it). I'm probably one of the longest AG feeders here on the board as I have fed it since Dec 1996! The company only began a few months prior to that lol! To be honest I wouldn't feed anything else.
Its a food that was developed by dog breeders (unlike the other major commercial brands where they have developed food because there is money in it) and lovers and is run by the family. (I wish I got commision!)
Becky
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I personnally think AG is one of the best foods on the market. Mine love it. I wouldn't change it.
I took Blue to have his yearly booster, kennel cough & health check today. The vet said how shiny he looked. I told him what i fed, he was very impressed
Blue

Fenn

Skye
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow you can most definately see the shine in their coats, they're gorgeous!
Becky
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks Becky!
Everybody comments on their coats. Its difficult for a blue collie to shine
I would recommend Arden Grange to anybody. :smt023
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >