Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Microchip Details

Hi all

As you know we got Ruby from her previous owners at 7 months old, she was already microchipped but we have no details, i mentioned this to the previous owner who said she would forward all the paperwork to me so we could change the details but i still havent received anything.

Do i have to have the original papers or is there another way around it?

Thanks
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 09:03 AM
If you could get previous owner to tell you name of microchip people, then all you need to do is telephone them. They will send you a form to re-locate dog to you. We did it with a cat we've got, it cost three pounds. We did it again with change of address when we moved 5 years ago, all cost £3.00 per animals. If owner has lost paperwork just find the vets she used they will tell you details etc.,
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 09:13 AM
As Petlog hold the main database you could contact them directly for advice using the KC website
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Hi all

As you know we got Ruby from her previous owners at 7 months old, she was already microchipped but we have no details, i mentioned this to the previous owner who said she would forward all the paperwork to me so we could change the details but i still havent received anything.

Do i have to have the original papers or is there another way around it?

Thanks
Contact Petlog on 0870 6066 751 and tell them that you now have the dog (do you have her chip number by the way? If not just get her scanned and write it down then you will lol!)
Tell them that the paper work hasn't been forthcoming and they will write to the last recorded details telling them that the dog is now in your possession and they need to tell them within x number of days as the dog will then be formally transfered over to you!
Becky
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 02:10 PM
We were in a similar situation with Max. Our vet scanned him and we got his chip no. We contacted the company directly who wrote to his previous owners. From memory they told us that they would give his previous owners a month to contact them and then his chip would be transferred over to us.