View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do ur dogs wear collars with tags at all times
yes 14 56.00%
no 6 24.00%
only when on walk 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 02:32 PM
I used to suffer with ocd as a child.I would wait until everyone was asleep and then sneak round the house checking everything was unplugeed and turned off....several times...always in the same order.I had to physically touch every socket and switch since seeing it wasn't enough .I would then say a goodnight 'routine' and if ANYTHING went wring I had to start from the beginning and do it all over again. I still have a tendancy to WANT to check everything and have to be very self disciplined not to let myself slip.
Nikki
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Gorden Lover I was concerned that some of those who had said they went back to check things may think that they were sufferers not that your Mother was not a suffer. One of the reasons I did not give a name to the problems is that it could be that those who suffer, as you and Archer will know are very susceptible to suggestion, I was trying to divert the thread back to the acceptance that most people who find themselves checking and rechecking are just busy.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 02:45 PM
As you say Jackie..its not just a case of 'oh did I turn the cooker off'.Its much deeper seated than that and very embarassing and restricting.
Nikki
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Mine only have them on when they go out, they are all chiped if they do happen to get out, which has never happend yet as we have baby gates all over the place.

They dont have them on in the house as with them having long fur they will make a mark where they coller is.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Ah, ok then Jackie SOrry if I leaped to conclusions.

Thats so true Archer
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I have OCD, and my Dad also had it.
I'm not as bad as I was when I was ill, but it gets so annoying.
I don't check things are turned off etc.
I count things...everything....squares on a carpet, patters on wallpaper, lines on the road whilst im driving!
Everything has to be an even number. If not, I start countinhg it again to make sure...then I get annoyed!
The rug in the bathroom in the flats I lived in had 23 stripes. Annoyed me every time I went to the toilet! I counted them every day, but they never changed!
Everyone laughs at me, but it's not funny when you can't stop doing it!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Oh I know its not diagnosed OCD, but its the same type of symptoms and u can have OCD in mild and grim stages....

I'm not jumping to conclusions and say that I have OCD... I need to consult a doctor before I can make a statement like that.

Its not just hte oven though. Its that the door is locked, the iron not unplugged (think I've used it 5 times in my entire life) and other things....
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6