View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Surely it's less humiliating in your own garden ? My 2 only go when out on walks - but as they only go twice a day it's not too bad.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 09:01 PM
It is less humiliating, of course it is, but yep, Loki is a pup and is going rather a lot at the moment. The consistency is just fine but a bit does get left on the grass - I just wondered if there is anything to spray on to decompose. I might pop into the pet shop and see if they have anything. Mind you, that didn't work with the anti-chew stuff - he loves it!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 11:31 PM
I feed Bailey on Nutro puppy food and he only goes once a day and it's quite solid too, so no mess
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 07:20 AM
The laws of nature including birds and insects will soon remove any small amount left behind in the grass, but if it bothers you I would use the hose. Personally think and chemical would be worse than the poo, providing the pup is well wormed it is just unpleasant not dangerous.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Any ideas how to completely get rid of poo residue from the garden? At the moment I poop scoop it up and try to get any extra up with newspaper but it's soooooo humiliating. I have heard of poop freezers but not seen any.
Hi LS Try this, buy some fine sand from the DIY or garden center and fill a bucket. Clean up the worst of the dog poo then scoop a little pile of sand on top of what is left ,leave for a bit to absorb then remove with a trowel. I don't have this problem since I feed Burns which has a low amount of residual waste.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Cheers everyone - will try the sand idea.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2