register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks everybody for throwing some light onto the situation. Like I said, she wasn't rude to me, just different I suppose. I wouldn't dream of being an introverted snob - just because hers was a pedigree. To me all dogs are gorgeous - whatever people choose to keep - big, small, medium, mongrel, cross or pedigree - the dog doesn't know any different

It just amazed me that another dog owner could see me walking three mongrels and think i'd be offended if they noticed :smt017

Lel - I don't really think anybody could be mistaken with my lot (look at gallery on my website.................................you see?

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
I think Lel was right and the person was admitting to not knowing what your dogs were , after all you had a pretty good go at guessing what her dog was and many people would not have heard of a deerhound or wolfhound so maybe she thought you knew about dog breeds and did not want to offend you by getting the breeds of your dogs wrong :P
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2004, 04:12 AM
I agree with Lel and Mini, I think she was probably trying to be tactful. Some people would get very offended if their prize-winning Spotted African Warthog Retriever were to be mistaken for a mongrel
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 09:25 AM
prize-winning Spotted African Warthog Retriever
no doubt we'll see one advertised somewhere soon
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 09:48 AM
It van be a bit difficult at times though! My daughter has a habit of saying 'what breed is that mum' when we meet another dog.Now to my eyes it may look like a x bred lab for example but the owner may have brought it as a pedigree or it may be a bad example of the breed so what do I say?
I learnt m lesson on this one a few months back.I met a lady with what looked like a lab x staffy.It was small lab size,lab head etc with staffy ears and was brindle.I replied to my daughter it was a cross breed to be told rather indignantly ...HES A PEDIGREE STAFF!!
Nikki
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 10:29 AM
ooops
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 11:54 AM
lol archer thats what i always worry about
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Can tell you took me ages to prise my foot out of my mouth....still 100% sure it was a cross...poor woman had obviously been conned!
Nikki
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Nikki good one
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2