Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2023, 08:41 AM

Frisky Friday 9th June 2023

Morning all. Yep I expect lots of people will be frisking around in the sea today as it will be quite warm. Although I did see a friend this morning that goes swimming every morning around 7.30am and she said the sea was quite chilly. Anyway have a good day with whatever takes your fancy everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Are you feeling frisky brenda ?

Shopping for us today that's about it.
Spoke to our friend yesterday they are still waiting for Briggs bone biopsies to come back but whatever the cancer was he had it was extremely aggressive. At the moment they are broken and Dessa and Vonny especially Vonny the younger girl are very out of sorts.

Freya has gone down with hand, foot and mouth and is very under the weather and has blisters in her mouth. We may not be sitting Sunday and Monday as it is highly contagious, Lauren thought chickenpox at first and we said we were happy to do the 2 days if chickenpox, then Lauren looked it up and its this hand,foot and mouth illness and she said she would not expect us to go over.
They may well go down with it themselves yet.
Fingers crossed they don't.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2023, 04:01 PM
Oh Lynn I'm so sorry to hear your news. I lost my beautiful shepherd to bone cancer. Sorry to hear about Freya, hope she gets well soon. Hugs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2023, 04:55 PM
Thank you brenda, Pam wants the results now so she knows what type of cancer it was and maybe get some closure.
We are off duty till next Monday now. Lauren will take Sunday and Monday off, she will lose pay and she has Wednesday off as holiday, I did offer to help out Wednesday if she was less infectious but Lauren has said no, she doesn't want us getting it, especially as we are all away on the 26th.
Nice for them to look out for us oldies.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2023, 06:23 PM
Good afternoon all.

It was quite cold and overcast here all morning. The sun finally broke through a couple of hours ago

It should be better tomorrow in that we do have sunshine forecast, but with a 15-16 mph easterly, I'm not sure how warm it will be

Oh heavens, Lynn. I hope Freya will be OK and that no one else catches it. I so feel for your friend. Losing our best mates is so devastating

I had forgotten how exhausting puppies can be. Teddy is like an exocet missile when he has his zoomies. He may look more like a poodle, but he has definitely got the terrier mischief gene Love him to bits
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Evening Chris. Freya is up and down and poor Lauren is frazzled on day one.
We will take her over for a bit when away for the week together and give them a rest.
Lauren has a sore throat and an ulcer in her mouth and Mark has a spot on his wrist so it looks like they may both be going down with it.
I wish I could go in and help I feel so useless. I know I'm better staying away as it would be a lot for us being a lot older and when everyone is better we may not be able to look after Freya again when everyone is better.

Ahhh puppies I must admit I am not looking forward to the excess energy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2023, 08:10 PM
Evening all, feeling slightly better but exhausted
Lynn, my mum had hand foot and mouth as an adult...it wasn't fun! It's so very contagious and passes easily. I hope that they all get through it quickly and I guess, just drop stuff off if needed but please, keep yourselves safe