Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Danibella
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2016, 03:12 PM

Worried !

Hiya,

Has anyone had any bad experiences with their dogs being spade? I took my little girl in this morning and have rang a few times to get an update and hopefully bring her home but it sounds like she's had a bad time with the anaesthetic. The vet said her temp is still lower than they would like and she isn't coming round properly as quickly as they hoped.
Should I be worried or this completely normal?
I'm really worried
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Hello Daniella as with humans each dog is different and consequently they all have varying reactions to anesthetic though they are usually fine.
Try not to worry , your dog is in the best place where it can be monitored by the vet.

My vet will not allow spayed bitches to go home the same day, they insist on keeping them in for monitoring so don't worry if your dog has to stay in overnight.
Baloo
New Member!
Male 

09-04-2016, 10:53 PM
How did she make out? Mine just got neutered a little late at 1 year old seen here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3snhxH6E3eQ] and had diarrhea from the anesthetic but the vet said it should go away.