Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2016, 12:49 PM

Uses for 1 acre field eg agility

Hi
Sorry if the title isn't very helpful but I couldn't find a better way to phrase it. So do change it if you think it would help.

My parent live in a small holding with agricultural tie and they are looking for way to earn some money from the property. They have to make some money from their property due to the tie. They have got a field which is about an acre and so as I am a dog lover I suggested letting it out for agility and possibly for people who wanted to hire it out for an hour or so as they wanted to exercise their dogs. As I see on here some people looking for space top exercise dogs who for what ever reason can't be let off somewhere which isn't enclosed.

Anyway onto my question.

What would the be able to charge for the agility and for hiring the field out for dog user?

What other dog things could the field used for?

Also they can only use the filed for 28 days a year so once a week for 28 weeks? and so on.

They live near Bicester. If that helps and there is lots of room for parking.

If you have any other idea for what could be done with the field.

thanks for your help

Sally
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2016, 01:19 AM
I think most of the people who would be wanting an exercise area would most likely be wanting more than once a week....however, if there is no other secure area available then they might be happy with jut once a week as oppose to daily. As for the agility, I could see that working quite well for 28weeks... Who wants to be trying to stay upright in a muddy field whilst running a agility course...that would work well for the drier months of the year...what about dog training classes?? Again better suited to drier weather for outdoors. As for cost, I have no clue what you could charge, I pay 20 a month on the first Monday of the month to my trainer but as to the hire cost of the venue..I have no idea