Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 08:12 PM

One off - free microchip for 1 pet in north cumbria

As I will be taking a micro chipping course in early december, I need to take a minimum of 3 dogs/animals with me. Unfortunately for me, all my own pets are already done.

So this is a long shot, as I know there aren't many cumbrian dogseyers, but wanted to open the offer to my dogsey friends first.. Unfortunately I do have a restriction as I will need to collect the pet before 8:30am and won't be able to house it overnight (ie the night before), so this limits my offer geographically...
So, if you have an unchipped pet and live within 5 miles of junction 40 (penrith) and junction 43 (north carlisle) of the M6, then I am willing to collect your pet, microchip for free, register microchip for free and return your pet to you at the end of the day. Interested?
PM me before 25th November to arrange details...

We can chip, rabbits, cats and dogs.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
What a lovely idea, living in Bristol its no good for me. Wishing you well with your course though!!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
is it the pet-detect (petlog) course?
They say you need three, but you dont actually need to take any at all - but you might as well cos you have paid for the 'chips in the course fee.

I did the course a year or so ago, but i have to say I was not at all impressed at the lack of answers to legitimate concerns/questions.

if you intend to chip commercially as well as a 'rescue', it gets very confusing price wise (just make sure you only pay the rescue rate for the course)
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Aww what a lovely thought. Just got both puppies done and in South Cumbria but I could have met you. We do have 3 cats..not microchipped if you're stuck?

Kath XX
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks Shiba, and yes you are a little bit too far

Thandi, I think it is run by pet detect, and having read through the chip design features and information provided to our course tutor, I was quite impressed to be honest. Sadly, I'm not paying as a rescue, so I won't be able to receive a reduction in the course fee. I have seen the rescue prices too, and can't believe how cheap they are if you are rescue compared to commercial I'll give them one thing though, at least they offer a reduction Makes a change! You have got me worried though, what concerns did you have?

Kath, If you want to, I could take an adult cat. I was a bit iffy taking a kitten due to the travelling etc, so didin't want to cause distress to a little un travelling in a car with 2 dogs (who will be safely guarded in the back of my car). I am confident that I will be OK, as I am actually getting experience with microchipping with my work placement at the moment, but I have paid for this course for the certificate and contact for reduced chips for the charity. So rest assured, if you do decide to take me up on the offer, your cat will be safe & sound
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 10:38 AM
can you not do the course under the banner of your rescue org?

The reduced rate for rescue is fantastic I will agree - however, if you do both rescue and commercial it gets very confusing (at least to me - bear of very little brain )
as the chips rescue chips you pay for (at rescue rate) must be used on rescue animals only.

I do understand, and agree that there are those who would seek to take advantage of the reduced rate for purposes other than rescue, but as I am a 'one man band' so to speak, it causes me a lot of headaches, and in the end I took the decision to pay the full rate for all my chips, and bear the cost of the reduction to rescue myself.

I will pm you re my concerns (it was the legal stuff) - as you might like to bring them up, and see if you can get more sense ou of them than I managed!

I agree the spec of the chip is second to none - and would urge you to shell out a bit extra for the universal reader if you can afford to. I carry mine everywhere with me, so that even if I am out and about I have it to hand, as it fits neatly into a pocket.

enjoy!
tiago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
OMG I thought i was the only person from cumbria,

All my dogs have been done Good luck
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
can you not do the course under the banner of your rescue org?

The reduced rate for rescue is fantastic I will agree - however, if you do both rescue and commercial it gets very confusing (at least to me - bear of very little brain )
as the chips rescue chips you pay for (at rescue rate) must be used on rescue animals only.

I do understand, and agree that there are those who would seek to take advantage of the reduced rate for purposes other than rescue, but as I am a 'one man band' so to speak, it causes me a lot of headaches, and in the end I took the decision to pay the full rate for all my chips, and bear the cost of the reduction to rescue myself.

I will pm you re my concerns (it was the legal stuff) - as you might like to bring them up, and see if you can get more sense ou of them than I managed!

I agree the spec of the chip is second to none - and would urge you to shell out a bit extra for the universal reader if you can afford to. I carry mine everywhere with me, so that even if I am out and about I have it to hand, as it fits neatly into a pocket.

enjoy!
I'll bare that in mind Thanks

Originally Posted by tiago View Post
OMG I thought i was the only person from cumbria,

All my dogs have been done Good luck
Erm... no hun There's quite a lot of us now :smt002
Bex14
New Member!
Female 

01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Hello! I live in Penrith and have a Jack Russell cross that needs chipping x
Bex14