Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Intefering With Nature-Urban Foxes

Hi

Acouple of months ago my neigbour made a comment which I didnt take on board,we heard gun shots,and the farmer was out shooting,she stated that another fox had been killled,she then said that people think they are helping by bringing the foxes from cities to the countryside,as I say didnt take a lot of it on board.
On Saturday in broad daylight saw a fox darting about in the fields this bothered me,we do have a resident fox,who we leave scraps for on occasions,but he is very wary,comes along the wall but will not jump off the wall to get the scraps,he sort of anchors his back legs to the wall and grabs the scraps and off he goes.
So spoke to vivien,about what I saw on Saturday,she then told me that a group of well meaning people,catch urban foxes and bring them into the countryside to give them freedom.This fox I saw saturday looked terrified,and had no idea where it was,saw it again Sunday right near the farmers place again in broad daylight,this time it was being harried by the crows,I really felt sorry for it and know feeling sorry for it is not enough,thinking about contacting an organisation who helps foxes but as my OH said bringing attention to it could result in its death.So I am going to avoid looking out of the back window and pray that it survives.Gemini54
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2013, 10:01 AM
I think people do this with good hearts but little understanding, I have no idea who you could contact to try and stop it. I even know people who do the same with rats and mice they think they will live wild happily but they are town bred creatures and cannot find food unless we leave it laying around so must be quite horrified when they find where they have been dumped off.