View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Help protect Red the stag from the Hunters.

Red is one of the last adult stags on the Quantock hills.

http://www.league.org.uk/content/788/Help-Protect-Red

At the peak of the autumn stag hunting season, the League has grave concerns for the future of ‘Red’, one of the nine estimated adult red deer stags left on the Quantock Hills, fearing that he could be the next victim of the local Quantock Staghounds hunt after hunt supporters were heard saying that if they couldn’t find a stag to hunt on the hills, they would come after him.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
LOL! The "league" would do better caring for their own Deer instead of leaving them to starve and "trying" to break their necks, because of disease and injury on their over populated land where they have always claimed that wild animals manage themselves!!!
LOL LOL LOL
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
LOL! The "league" would do better caring for their own Deer instead of leaving them to starve and "trying" to break their necks, because of disease and injury on their over populated land where they have always claimed that wild animals manage themselves!!!
LOL LOL LOL
If mistakes were made they weren't done out of cruelty and they were rectified. I suppose you have 'unbiased' references to substantiate this claim they tried to break deers necks?

Anyway that was then, this is now. Deer do need controlling but the hunters have been targeting the stags and now there are just 9 adults left on the Quantocks!

The league are, quite rightly, calling for a moratorium on stag hunting. Stag hunting is NOT deer 'management'.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh, I see, "that was then," how very convenient. From that I assume you are familiar with it and you know its the truth, video'd and published. Shocking wasnt it? I do understand you'd rather not "taint" the rep of the "league" but rest assured they have done it all by themselves. Their level of "unintentional" cruelty is quite staggering. (no pun intended)
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh, I see, "that was then," how very convenient. From that I assume you are familiar with it and you know its the truth, video'd and published. Shocking wasnt it? I do understand you'd rather not "taint" the rep of the "league" but rest assured they have done it all by themselves. Their level of "unintentional" cruelty is quite staggering. (no pun intended)
No I haven't seen the video, were they trying to break deers necks on it?

But yes, this is now. The league have a new Chief executive & has been doing a sterling job fighting against cruel blood sports..& the badger cull.

Whatever you think of LACS the last Stags on the Quantocks need 'managing' properly.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
No I haven't seen the video, were they trying to break deers necks on it?

But yes, this is now. The league have a new Chief executive & has been doing a sterling job fighting against cruel blood sports..& the badger cull.

Whatever you think of LACS the last Stags on the Quantocks need 'managing' properly.

They were killing them because their "sanctuary" is over populated and full of bTB. They were filmed stabbing them then trying to break the neck. Other dead Deer were found on their land and they were filmed removing dead Deer too.

I agree with you Deer need to be managed yes.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2013, 12:42 PM
They were killing them because their "sanctuary" is over populated and full of bTB. They were filmed stabbing them then trying to break the neck. Other dead Deer were found on their land and they were filmed removing dead Deer too.

I agree with you Deer need to be managed yes.
Is this stabbing and neck breaking on the video? Was it reported to the rspca and police?

Yes they do, though I personally would prefer non lethal methods of control. Really hope Red and the last remaining stags stay safe from the hunters and LACs secure a moratorium on the travesty.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
It was broadcast on national television I believe. I also believe that investigations were carried out but I cannot tell you the outcome if that was the case.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2013, 02:35 PM
It was broadcast on national television I believe. I also believe that investigations were carried out but I cannot tell you the outcome if that was the case.

I'll have to reserve judgement until I see evidence then. Thank you anyway.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
...[snip]...Is this stabbing and neck breaking on the video? Was it reported to the rspca and police?.
Stag stabbed to death at deer sanctuary

THE man in camouflage gear walked up to the stag and brandished his knife before plunging the blade into its neck. As the deer reared up in an attempt to escape, he stabbed it again, cutting its neck open before twisting its head around in an apparent effort to snap the spine. The horrific sequence, which was captured on video and is now the subject of an RSPCA investigation, is at the centre of a row between pro and anti-hunt campaigners, with each accusing the other of playing some part in the animal’s death.
The video was released this weekend by the Countryside Alliance, a pro-hunt group, as evidence of the neglect of deer on a sanctuary run by the League Against Cruel Sports on Exmoor
If you scroll to the end of the article there is a clickable link to the video. I did not wish to view it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >