Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2023, 10:32 PM

sthil chain saw fuel line

My petrol chain saw refused to start so bought an electric one to get a job done.
Now I have the option to chuck or try and repair the petrol one. Now me being me I decided to go for option 2 and try and repair.
Only 2 things would basically stop it from working -no spark or no fuel. I cleaned the spark plug and still not working so onto the fuel side of the machine. Hooked out the fuel line and it fell apart , rubber tube had perished. Ah ha found it i thinks.
but what a job I will have to do to replace it, nothing about how to in the hand book so good old youtube to the rescue.
so just ordered a special screwdriver to undo the machines cover and a new fuel line as well.

below hopefully the arrow points to where I have to get to to remove the fuel line from the carb. It is in the most awkward place possible. The annoying thing is I have several plastic fuel lines spare but this one has a cup type ends instead

tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2023, 05:49 PM

hex screwdriver came today so got on with the stripdown and clean away old ol caked up oil inside. Now wating for new fuel line and heat shield strip to come tomorrow I hope
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2023, 04:18 PM
all reassembled and working again yipee
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2024, 07:01 PM
it would not start again so today had another go. this time setting the iognition air gap with a feeler guage and the same for the spark plug gap
followed the startup up proceedure and it worked. Just see if it runs tomorrow