Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I`m so glad he is home.
I use a vest harness to help my dogs needing occasional support - you just grab the handle.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm pleased Ollie has been allowed home with you.
Bless his little heart, big cuddles from me xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:30 PM
So glad Ollie is home where he belongs. Don't get too disheartened Lynn, I know he's probably not as good as you had maybe expected, but you never know, with him pottering about where he's happy to be might just be the medicine he needs. As C&D has said, maybe you ought to think about some kind of sling to help him in and out of the garden if he's overdone it and can't manage to get out there sometimes. I honestly don't know whether it's best to help him out, or not, you might actually need to let him help himself in order for him to gain the strength back, but of course, you will have discussed all of that with Nadia (what a lovely name she has!).

Hug him and love him with all the strength you have left now Lynn, he's been through so much, but hopefully you will see a big change some day soon, but as we all keep saying, it's just one day at a time now isn't it. Good luck with him, and please give him a gentle hug from me whilst you're at it. Bless his great big heart, and he doesn't even know what he's put us all through!xxxxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Such a brave lad,I'm glad he's home where he belongs.

Hopefully he will improve now he's home.

Hugs it must have been so hard for you over the past 10 days and nights.

Gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:41 PM
So glad Ollie is home where he belongs.

Big hugs, to you all Lynn xxxxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:51 PM
So pleased Ollie is home. As others have said just take a day at a time, I am sure he will improve gradually now that he has you with him.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Im soooooooooo glad your boy is home, I know how hard it is to be away from our babies. Give him gentle hugs from me and Tilly passes on fellow poorly dog kisses. xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 07:03 PM
So pleased he is now home, I think he will progress now Lynn, now he is home with you all, please give him a hug from me and the dogs sent gentle soothing kisses xxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 07:26 PM
My thoughts are with you. It is so hard when our beloved dogs are not right, and even harder if you suspect that they never will be.

Just remember not to give up hope.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
So glad to hear Ollie is home! I'll bet he's getting even MORE cuddles than usual

I guess it's just a waiting game - he may surprise you yet - I hope so x

My last GSD used to lie on the sofa, and still wanted to after back surgery - I had to load all manner of stuff on them to keep him off! It was far too much of a struggle for him to get off.
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am sure you're having lots of cuddles and am so glad Ollie is home with you both. Sending positive/healing thoughts (x)
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`m so glad he is home.
I use a vest harness to help my dogs needing occasional support - you just grab the handle.
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm pleased Ollie has been allowed home with you.
Bless his little heart, big cuddles from me xx
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So glad Ollie is home where he belongs. Don't get too disheartened Lynn, I know he's probably not as good as you had maybe expected, but you never know, with him pottering about where he's happy to be might just be the medicine he needs. As C&D has said, maybe you ought to think about some kind of sling to help him in and out of the garden if he's overdone it and can't manage to get out there sometimes. I honestly don't know whether it's best to help him out, or not, you might actually need to let him help himself in order for him to gain the strength back, but of course, you will have discussed all of that with Nadia (what a lovely name she has!).

Hug him and love him with all the strength you have left now Lynn, he's been through so much, but hopefully you will see a big change some day soon, but as we all keep saying, it's just one day at a time now isn't it. Good luck with him, and please give him a gentle hug from me whilst you're at it. Bless his great big heart, and he doesn't even know what he's put us all through!xxxxx
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Such a brave lad,I'm glad he's home where he belongs.

Hopefully he will improve now he's home.

Hugs it must have been so hard for you over the past 10 days and nights.

Gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So glad Ollie is home where he belongs.

Big hugs, to you all Lynn xxxxx
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
So pleased Ollie is home. As others have said just take a day at a time, I am sure he will improve gradually now that he has you with him.
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im soooooooooo glad your boy is home, I know how hard it is to be away from our babies. Give him gentle hugs from me and Tilly passes on fellow poorly dog kisses. xxx
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
So pleased he is now home, I think he will progress now Lynn, now he is home with you all, please give him a hug from me and the dogs sent gentle soothing kisses xxxx
All hugs will be duly administered in a while when I get back on the floor with him. We had a single memory type foam mattress we weren't using so that is now in a single quilt and he is loving it.

We do have a harness with a handle on they have been using it at the vet school for him we originally bought it for helping him in and out of the car and too get him up when he was a being a naughty boy and refusing too move on walks I am now thinking maybe he wasn't being stubborn and whatever this is has been a long time coming.

We have the myanthesia gravis test too come back Bev it will take another two weeks or more for the results.

We have a break down of the results of all the tests and there are lots of little things going on as said already though a mystery because none of them significant enough for this amount of problem maybe put them all together and this is why its happening.

I will take it one day at a time but if he does not improve I cannot see him struggle like this indefinitely there has to be a time limit for his sake because of his heart and the strain on his front legs.

Please do not think I am giving up on him just yet but as I said to Gorden I love him so much and I cannot and will not see him suffer.
Page 57 of 123 « First < 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 107 > Last »