Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 08:41 PM

guinea pig probs! help!

hiya
I have a male lop rabbit that eat his way out of his hutch so we put him in with our guineapig and now the guinea pig keeps making funny noises. I looked in when he was making the nosies and found that since I maked my buck with my doe he has been attempting to mate with our male guineapig!
what shall I do?
mickymouse
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh you posted to. LOL. Could someone delete my thread so that mickymouse can have her own, sorry lack of communication lol.
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
it doesnt matter ellen
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I would suggest you seperating them both. As it doesn't sound too healthy...

Both Guinea pigs and rabbits are social animals and need company, so again like ellenlouise has said, you are best to get one or both neutered.

I'm not an expert on either of these two I'm affraid, but know there are a few others in here that will no doubt give you plenty of good advice...
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:06 PM
thanks for the advice anyway!
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Its always best to neuter them especially if you are not breeding them. As they can get lots of dieseases. I know that Bambi your doe is pregnant but will you be mating her again. Probably best if you are not to neuter her as well as her temperment will improve and with all her problems that she had in the start of life would just make her life a bit happier, Also you could keep one of the litter and neuter that one and they should be able to live together, rabbits are very sociable and do not like being alone. I know you like rescuing maybe you could get another ginnie to keep him company fom the rescue you know. You don't want to many, couldnt you put the buck and the doe together once they have been neutered and then you would have no problem with space? Hope it all gets sorted and keep me updated, and when Bambi has her kits please please post some pics. If you look at my baby rabbits that Jackie has read she let us watch hers grow.
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:25 PM
thanks ellen
I have now will hve thumper done and bambi once the babies are gone and might keep one and have thumper bambi and bay in hutch and have leo in his hutch with another guinea pig thanks
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:26 PM
who is jackie
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Rabbits and guineas shouldn't be kept together - as rabbits can harm guineas- and they have different dietry needs. I'm not going to get started on a breeding debate - but I will ask do you have the relevant info on your rabbits? and the permission of their breeder?

xx
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
yes i now know they shouldnt be kept together.
I have now removed my guineapig so he is living inside
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >