You lot are OLD!

This is for us 80's children!

80's Child
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Enjoyed reading that, i'm a 70's child and alot of that is sooooo true!

I heard the other day on the radio that Opal Fruits are back!!!
They call them Starburst now - why they changed the name heaven knows. I always remeber the tune on the advert "made to make your mouth water"!!!

Snickers was Marathon back then too!!!
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
They call them Starburst now - why they changed the name heaven knows. I always remeber the tune on the advert "made to make your mouth water"!!!

Those were the days. (Mary hopkins song coming on)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Yippee......thank you Colin....I was born 1952 did all those things, was stitched up every week on a regular basis, never was fat...infact very skinny but ate like a horse. Got hit by teachers on more than one occassion with a size 12 pump..............AND CAN I SHOUT THIS OUT......if my parents found out I GOT HIT AGAIN. Never cheeked neighbours, because they all knew one another. and lived with asbestos roof on our outhouse which I climb on daily.
Thank you for bringing back such happy memories.

Can I also say my Grandparents had a farm I rode on the back of Shire Horses....or should I say lay on them, and travelled on the back of the ploughs.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I received this by email a while ago and it's fantastic

How true it is. I'm a 70's kid and all those things are so true, part from parents being married before kids

We used to make dens in an old derelict house, that had an empty mine underneath we make carts and skateboards, fell off asbestos garage roofs and out of trees, ate mud pies regularly as it happens had a cap gun and pea shooter, was never in, always outside playing, and yes I was back when the street lights started warming up

Shocking !!!!!
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I received this by email a while ago and it's fantastic

How true it is. I'm a 70's kid and all those things are so true, part from parents being married before kids

We used to make dens in an old derelict house, that had an empty mine underneath we make carts and skateboards, fell off asbestos garage roofs and out of trees, ate mud pies regularly as it happens had a cap gun and pea shooter, was never in, always outside playing, and yes I was back when the street lights started warming up

Shocking !!!!!
ooh yes and I had forgotton about mineshafts and tunnels, rollerskating down the steepest hills, making rope swings over the canal

and the best
my dad (the h&s officer) getting us to jump off the roof of the boat to test out our new lifejackets,
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2008, 08:09 AM
And isn't it funny, how when you were a kid, some adult always said 'make the most of this time as these are the best years of your life' and we all thought 'yeah right'! But here we are looking back fondly at some of the best memories.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post

I know they renamed them but they are getting their name back, they are going back to being called Opal Fruits!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I remember those days, although I am a 70's child and an 80's teen. I loved playing out all the time, jumping over the muddy bit in the field at the back of our house (boy did I catch it when I lost yet another wellie in the middle). One day they will dry out that muddy bit and find dozens of odd wellies in the middle of it

Going wandering round the old defunct mansion near our old place and not worrying about the rickety stairs.

Now I worry if my 7 year old son is over at the burn and I can see it from my house....what the hell happened...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2