Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 06:33 PM

My beloved Nigredo...

...will you stop growing? Like NOW please??? Also, can you stop growing that pretty curly hair? I can't have a thick haired dog in these hot temps

Whenever I don't use their coupling thingy... we always have at least one of these...

At 13 months and 74 lbs with NO muscle yet... I have a giganto puppy
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

14-02-2014, 06:53 PM
He is a gorgeous laddie. Beautiful shiny coat - curls as well Once he stops growing his will get muscles

Both are bonnie dogs.

Thanks for sharing and hugs to each from me and Loki xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Thank you Brandykins. I know that when he stops growing, he will get some of his muscle to start coming in. I sure hope that is soon
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Course you can have a thick haired dog in hot temps. Loads here do. (Someone said to me the other day their coats thin out in hot climates?) No idea if that's true - it was a Cypriot and they say a lot of STRANGE THINGS lol!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Lol, Tang. Of course you CAN have one... but I prefer not to because they just aren't suited to the heat.

Poor Nigredo overheated last summer and he wasn't nearly this fluffy/thick coated then. I've never had that happen before. I think he will need a haircut this summer...

His coat wasn't thick when I got him and judging by his love of snow... there is some mountain breed somewhere in there. Perhaps the Great Pyr the vet said she saw... who knows?

Blah! This snow is a fluke... we nearly never get snow!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm going to put up a little tribute to my ole Charlie Girl (it's only taken me about 6yrs to pluck up the courage to go thro them. You should just see her with a summer haircut! Long wavy Cavalier KC Spaniel looking like a little cow.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Awww, I so look forward to seeing them. I have only met one CKCS in real life.

Unfortunately, his owner was seemingly not such a good one. He was pretty darn skinny. Also, his teeth were the worst I had ever seen, all of them blackened and rotting to the core, along with many missing ones.

I actually had to ask his owner why his teeth were so bad... and she tells me that "apparently the kids had been feeding him marshmallows we didn't realize it until it was too late".

But his coat was soooo soft, like a cats coat. I didn't think that dogs could have soft fur like that before I met the Cavalier. I always have had dogs with the normal coarse coats like Labs, so it was a nice learning experience for me.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Wow that photo of Nigredo and Jade walking along together is the first one I've seen that shows just how big Nigredo has got ................ you'll be able to ride him soon I love his wavy coat
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Jenny Yes, my mother calls him a Shetland Pony these days. Dude is growing and growing and growing.