Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 11:47 PM

I Want To Help This Dog

She was found as a stray in an area widely known for puppy mills. Doesn't look like she's had litters but could have very well have had one. She doesn't look very old and is so deathly afraid right now but no aggression what so ever. We went to go asses her at the shelter today and I fell in love with her. She seems like she wants to trust but is too afraid but gave us kisses regardless. We suspect she could have been dumped and was wearing no collar and hasn't let anyone put one on.

This shelter is known to not particularly take to Rottweilers which makes us afraid of her being put down.

Rottweilers do not do very well in shelters, the poor girl is so stressed.

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Are there no Rottweiler Breed rescues in your area?
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Unfortunately there is one but they have a tendency to not respond and is known by others in the rescue world of only taking in dogs with no issues.

The ladies that run the rescue have a deep love for the breed as they used to be a part of the Rottweiler rescue then decided to start an all breed rescue, but have a soft spot for the Rotties, Mastiffs and the Staffordshire Terrier's, etc.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Her legs/hips look weak too IMO. I'm sure if she got a nice person who had lots of time for her to get to know them and stuff that she'd be a wonderful girl.

Might you be able to donate to the shelter or something to maybe help with her costs so they don't put her down so fast? Maybe look for people who might want to adopt her as well.

I hope she finds a good home, Rotties are great dogs if they have an owner who has the patience, know how, and time for them.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 08:09 AM
She does look quite sad and nervy doesn't she?

I'm a bit puzzled by your post - you say you want to help her? I sort of assumed you were thinking of adopting her? Or what sort of advice are you looking for (bearing in mind you are in Canada and most people here are not)?
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 08:42 AM
That last photo is so sad
She does look like a sweet girl though, bless her

Are you thinking of adopting her?
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post

Might you be able to donate to the shelter or something to maybe help with her costs so they don't put her down so fast? Maybe look for people who might want to adopt her as well.
We're trying to pull her from the shelter. They said they will wait until we can find a place for her to go. I'm just afraid since she is so scared and from what I saw yesterday they're not approaching her in the right way and may force her to bite.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
She does look quite sad and nervy doesn't she?

I'm a bit puzzled by your post - you say you want to help her? I sort of assumed you were thinking of adopting her?
I don't want to adopt her, I want to foster her.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi, Timber. You can get her fitted for a muzzle and this will help protect you until she gets used to you. I'm sure you've done your research on the breed and understand what she needs.

I find that leashing dogs when inside helps them to get used to their surroundings better than caging them or letting them have free run. I've done this in the past and it's worked well and am doing it with Jade and it's working well.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:29 PM
What a shame for the poor girl. She actually looks as if she has been very well cared for, and her face radiates bewilderment. I wonder if she is merely lost, and not abandoned.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh bless her. She does look quite scared in some of those pix. Lovely face. I hope she can be taken care of somewhere nice, like with you Timber
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >