View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
It's probably going to sound weird but I like that I have a link between all of my dogs.

Take Bandit for instance - He knew Binky, who knew Merlin, who knew Toby (my Grandparents dog), who knew Thomas the dog who was in my family when I was born.

Malcolm knows Scooby, who knew Binky/Bob etc.

I don't know why I like the link, I just do
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2013, 08:06 PM
i am no hippy but i know all my dogs who have passed on walk with me when i am out and about with my 3.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
why do you ask?
just believe in what you want to believe, it's such an lovely thought
It is a lovely thought and who are we to say there is no connection. When our two were younger they liked to roll on their back down a grassy slope in a clearing in the forrest.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pep_Sounds View Post
Awww. Whatever it is, it is very sweet, and so lovely to think of a connection between your previous love and your new one. Just proves that if our canine companions leave us for rainbow bridge, we can never and would never replace them, but rather just begin a new chapter with a new companion, with their memory still close in our hearts and minds.
That's so lovely.

why do you ask?

me too has those or similar thoughts, but I'm not going to tell them
as they are just mine and I wanna believe in
if they are silly or not, I just don't care
as long as they are giving me a smile in my face and warm up my heart, I don't need confirmation or any scientific proofes if they could be possible or not
I like that!

Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
It's probably going to sound weird but I like that I have a link between all of my dogs.

Take Bandit for instance - He knew Binky, who knew Merlin, who knew Toby (my Grandparents dog), who knew Thomas the dog who was in my family when I was born.

Malcolm knows Scooby, who knew Binky/Bob etc.

I don't know why I like the link, I just do
It doesn't sound weird - it sounds very comforting.

Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
i am no hippy but i know all my dogs who have passed on walk with me when i am out and about with my 3.
Perhaps all of our previous dogs do, but few of us are able to tune in as it were.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
A friend told me of a very recent incident which has set her, and me, thinking.

Her last dear dog who died a couple of years ago had a funny habit of sliding head first on her back down a very long steep bit of the garden. She did it frequently, and for the sheer fun of it.

The other day, my friend took her new dog that she has now had for a couple of years to a special walk that she had always taken her previous dog to........for a while she stood and thought of this dog, and shed a few tears, as you do.

They eventually returned home, and the new dog asked to go out into the garden where she threw herself onto her back and slid all the way down to the bottom.

Personally, I would love to think that the old dog had a quiet word in the ear of the new one.......and this was their way of cheering my friend up
Hi I agree,because I have often felt another presence,when my Afghan Red went,and I spoke to a medium,she said it takes a while for the spirit to get to the other side,and they feel as if they have a link still to us,one night I was very upset,and felt something on my bed,I didnt feel fearful just warm and happy,several times in the first year I had other things happening.crystalgirl
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Harvey, I agree........just because we don't understand something, or have not experienced it ourselves, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I have a totally open mind to be honest.

CG, I have heard other people speak of incidents such as you experienced. It must have been very comforting
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I've had dogs that I've believed to have been here before.
Whether there's anything in it or not its always been a comfort to me.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
both my past dogs walk with me,
monty the dog i grew up with comes on every single walk, to the point that i have heard him bark (might sound stupid)
and other dogs stand out his way when going through narrow gaps.

cheech i dont feel but marley acts as if he sees him somtimes,
i have seen him play bowing and running about with a dog that isnt there

i do feel cheech get on my bed most nights though
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:18 PM
why do you ask?

me too has those or similar thoughts, but I'm not going to tell them
as they are just mine and I wanna believe in
if they are silly or not, I just don't care
as long as they are giving me a smile in my face and warm up my heart, I don't need confirmation or any scientific proofes if they could be possible or not
EXACTLY! If you are open to the "signs" then you will see them all. I have had a lot of connections with the people who deal with the spirit world and every one of those people has told me about how very clever they are, hence why you have to keep those eyes and your mind open if you want confirmation.

What a lovely story old bean, I love that and your friend is right, but it was the only way the dog could tell her wasn't it. Keep 'em peeled
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 12:36 PM
We have a laugh about this ,as we think our dog Sam ,who went to the bridge four years ago , is giving hints to Timbah He does the same things that Sam used to do i.e. how to wake his Dad up in the morning by putting his head under his chin and flipping it He also knows it is walkies time after Emmerdale and gets all excited by the music at the end Just like Sam , Timbah knows how to get the best for himself, from his Dad.It certainly makes us smile
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >