Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 07:18 PM

I've been diagnosed

With Cyclothymia!

It is kinda weird, I feel relieved but annoyed that I had to go find out what the hell it was, it took two visits to the doc for me to remember what it was ruddy called!

Apparently it is a mild version of Bipolar, so I can be hypomanic or depressed. I've been put on anti depressants and have been told I will be on them for the foreseeable.

It is good cause reading the symptoms it explains a lot of my problems, including relationship issues with friends. But I have no idea what to do next, do I seek counselling or what. My doctors were less than forthcoming.
LittleLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Sometimes simply the awareness of what your triggers are and how to recognise the fluctuations in mood are enough. If you have episodes which you (or your family) think is difficult to manage then that's when counselling and medication reviews are usefull. If it aint broke dont fix it!

L.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Glad you have been diagnosed and been started on some meds.
Is there another GP in your practice that may be more supportive and be able to point you in the right direction?

Good luck hun xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I would make an appointment with someone else to get the info, maybe a nurse practitioner? They should really talk it through with you rather than just give meds. When is your next follow up appointment?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Do you even have a follow-up appointment?

Hope you get to talk to someone about this, Lorraine

*Hugs* honey x0x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Go back and ask for some more information, I am aware of this as a very good friend has had this for years - good luck xxx
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-07-2008, 10:00 AM
hey, at least you can be insulting to people and get away with it. "you're a right little **&****WŁ$! and not you cant say anything back because i've got cyclothymia!"

bit like the fella from big bro who kept saying wain kerr.. lol