View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 07:35 PM
If you didn't want to spay or neuter, you would have a bitch being in heat which could be troublesome.
However, if you did, I think neutering is a slightly safer operation than spaying, although both are pretty safe anyway, so shouldn't make a huge difference.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Very exciting A lovely breed.

If you trust the breeder, then go with what they think. I let the breeder of my last pup choose the puppy that was most suited to my personality, lifestyle and what I wanted to do with my dog - and I have to say, she got it spot on
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 11:37 PM
i've mostly had dogs and have found them to be more laid back than bitches.

it is possibly a breed thing also, but i find my bitch to be very wary of other dogs and people she doesnt know. she's very tactile and very cunning ( a sod at times), she shows a more protective streak as well.easier to train but she is 95% collie so the intelligence is there.

whereas my dog is the complete opposite, docile, very friendly, dippy, and cant be bothered. this is definatley a breed trait. slower to train, but 2 brain cells dont help!!!!

so really it depends on the dog, its breed and how you train too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Nice breed of dog never seen one other than a picture so no experience......if you trust the breeder and have done your research into them and the breed? why are you unsure....of their advice to you?

Have you explained to the breeder your preferance and why? if unsure walk away....do not be pressured into something you are ultimately not happy with.
The dog will be part of your family for the next 13+ years.....you need to start off one the right foot with breed and the breeder is the first stop.

Sit down with them and explain what you want and why and why they suggest a bitch?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2