View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Got my good vibes on constant for you and Baz, and sending you all the luck I can muster up that Baz gets another job with a lot more pay and better working conditions too, it can't be easy being in his position.xxxxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Vibes coming from my way for your lovely Baz xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:46 AM
they defo cant pull off the gross misconduct if your OH is still working this week,,

here is an example of GM {that if I were unlucky with staff I may have to use}

One of my staff turns up to work in the pub, a very drunk woman gives him lots of attention that night, my member of staff abuses his postion, has some sort of sexual contact with said woman then I would sack him for GM, but I wouldnt allow him to come back into work, he would be paid for his last week without coming to work,
as I have sacked him as he is a danger to women

not the best example others would be dishonestly, say a drunk woman dropped her purse, he saw it and picked it up taking the cash out of it , but she was to drunk to see,
that would be GM
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Just caught up with this, hugs to you both, it is disgraceful, they are just making excuses here. As Isochick says, they need something in writing.

Years ago a work friend of mine was sacked for GM. He had gone to the directors Christmas do, got VERY drunk, danced around semi-naked, propositioned one of the directors wives, fought with a colleague, thrown up in his hotel room, trashed the room and was arrested after hotel staff called the police.

A lengthy letter was sent by recorded delivery, I had to take it to the post office . He had actually booked the following week off as holiday and was advised not to set foot in the building again.

I know you won't take this lying down Vicki, make them suffer
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:42 AM
ANy more developments Vicki??

What a bunch of a-holes..surely they don't think they will get away with that..
I wonder how many other people they have sacked like this along the way who have simply "left" without a fight...

They picked the wrong un this time didn't they??

Go get em girl!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Years ago a work friend of mine was sacked for GM. He had gone to the directors Christmas do, got VERY drunk, danced around semi-naked, propositioned one of the directors wives, fought with a colleague, thrown up in his hotel room, trashed the room and was arrested after hotel staff called the police.
Um, defintely gross misconduct....
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Um, defintely gross misconduct....
We still spoke for a while after he 'left' and after the dust had settled I used to joke with him that he could have done it at our branch do and not reserved it for the directors do because, even though I felt bad about what had happened to him, it would have been just a little amusing to watch. The Chief Exec was such an odd, pompus bloke, the look on his face must have been priceless!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Update:
Have just had a call from a firm of solicitors who deal with a no-win/no-fee claims.

Apparently, Baz has a good claim...... (yep, I know!)

They are currently asking for more info, but as this develops, I'll make sure you're all informed.

On the downside, the firm he wanted to start with on Monday just took on 6 blokes yesterday......

AARRGGHH!

Ah well
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Vicki - do you mind me asking what type of work Baz does? Is it a job where he could work for himself for example?
xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Vicki - do you mind me asking what type of work Baz does? Is it a job where he could work for himself for example?
xx
I had been wondering what Baz does too,,,, lets face it if it were the type of work that he could do on his own, he would have the perfect office staff there with vicki to keep things running for him,
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >