Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:23 AM

Holidays with Dogs...

Just thought I'd post this, as it might be helpful for anyone wanting to go on holiday with their woofs!

We booked our cottage in Scotland with Cottages4You - when you do a search on their website, you just click the "Pets allowed" button....

Also, we found the above website through http://www.dogfriendly.co.uk/ which is quite useful
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
See great minds thought alike that's how we found ours xxx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Might be worth pointing out that a lot of the cottages on these sites say 'dogs welcome' however when you enquire you might find they only take 1 dog or in some cases they will say 1 small dog.

Some that advertise as allowing 'multiple dogs' - turn out not to do so - and from our experience some people may not be keen on certain breeds.

That said - we've found some great places from these links over the years.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I didn't take a dog with me i did go on a great holiday through cottages4u.

I went throught the link on the Blue Cross web page so some of the money for the cost of my holiday went to the Blue Cross.

It was a great holiday!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Might be worth pointing out that a lot of the cottages on these sites say 'dogs welcome' however when you enquire you might find they only take 1 dog or in some cases they will say 1 small dog.

Some that advertise as allowing 'multiple dogs' - turn out not to do so - and from our experience some people may not be keen on certain breeds.

That said - we've found some great places from these links over the years.
I agree with what Phil says, we had trouble finding someone to take three, and to be honest the lady that agreed too, usually only takes one.

Thank god they behaved.....we've been told we're welcome anytime and the dogs
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:23 PM
having three large dogs, I also struggle, but was able to find a wonderful holiday through dogfriendly in Craig Y nos castle in Wales.. We had a wonderful time an a truly dog friendly hotel in magnificent countryside. We'll be going back next year and taking my Mum and her dog with us too next time