Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol oh yes Jackie, the water feature is a definite "must have" with that fire on the go, perhaps with a hose attachment too????!!!! xxxxxx
It'd be so nice that you'd never leave it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2008, 08:24 PM
I designed this myself, I wanted the "picture frame" effect and I wanted dark hardwood, but it's not quite dark enough yet, it needs more coats of oil, but we'll get there!
That decking looks great H - Don't worry he should have told you it will darken over time, putting more oil on is good but it doesn't alter the colour much (Assuming it's the 'clear' type) IMO Tung oil is far better for outside woodwork than anything else and it brings out the beauty of the wood. It will need another coat once a year 'tho.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Ooooh, water features. Here's 500 to choose from...

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/500waterfeatures.php
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That decking looks great H - Don't worry he should have told you it will darken over time, putting more oil on is good but it doesn't alter the colour much (Assuming it's the 'clear' type) IMO Tung oil is far better for outside woodwork than anything else and it brings out the beauty of the wood. It will need another coat once a year 'tho.
Thanks H I bought a decking oil coloured in mahogany?? The wood is balau, which is anti fungal anti mildew so good for outside decking, although it also looks good enough to have on the lounge floor!! I haven't seen any of that Tung oil?? I'll look out for that tomorrow coz I'm off to get some patio sealant to make those black brick surrounds look nice and shiny! I'm also going to do the front patio with it, coz it looks soooooooo gorgeous when it's wet (it's weathered york), but rather dry and drag when it's dry, so that should brighten it up a treat!

Stop it Jackie, I'm running out of dosh here!!!!!!!xxxxxx Yes, I've been there last night, that's where I found the great big stainless steel ball water feature which I love!!! I might just get that too!!!xxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2008, 10:24 PM
If you're using a 'decking oil' product that will contain about 70% Tung Oil plus a few other things to make it dry quicker.

If you choose the Mahogany colour one then you were right and it will darken it a bit with each coat.

I'm quite intregued (Sp.) by this steel globe thingy so please do tell us more about that if you buy it.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm really pleased with the new decking! It's only a small area at the back, but I wanted it to be an extension of the lounge on the same level through the french doors, and I've got one of those nice big roller blinds arriving next week for over the top of it! This is part of the new driveway at the rear of the house, and it's all coming along just great! I will post up tomorrow when he's finished it all, I'm gosmacked at the difference we've made out there and we can park 5 cars out there now, with a humping great big garage toboot! The new gates are fantastic too, so we're completely private and secure, and the horrible carbunkle of a garage we used to have has now gone!! Been well worth all the upheavel over the past 3 weeks I can tell you!

I designed this myself, I wanted the "picture frame" effect and I wanted dark hardwood, but it's not quite dark enough yet, it needs more coats of oil, but we'll get there!

It's been a bit like the Fourth Bridge around here for the past year! As soon as we get one thing done, it just shows up how bad another thing is, and so it goes on! Lol! we'll be out there with our paintbrushes this week-end painting the house again now, it looks so bad!!! That'll definitely be the last thing to do though, I've had enough now!!!
It looks great H , bet you cant wait for summer now ,You will be sitting out enjoying the company of friends and a few bottles of wine to
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks H I bought a decking oil coloured in mahogany?? The wood is balau, which is anti fungal anti mildew so good for outside decking, although it also looks good enough to have on the lounge floor!! I haven't seen any of that Tung oil?? I'll look out for that tomorrow coz I'm off to get some patio sealant to make those black brick surrounds look nice and shiny! I'm also going to do the front patio with it, coz it looks soooooooo gorgeous when it's wet (it's weathered york), but rather dry and drag when it's dry, so that should brighten it up a treat!

Stop it Jackie, I'm running out of dosh here!!!!!!!xxxxxx Yes, I've been there last night, that's where I found the great big stainless steel ball water feature which I love!!! I might just get that too!!!xxxx
I saw that stainless steel one and I like it too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Jackie It's raining today, well drizzly, so I can't put any more coats on it Great for the summer though, especially for Mum as it's all on a level from the lounge!

Here you go H, this is the "must have" water feature!
http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/ecl...es-p-1384.html

Yes Jackie, it's definitely gone on my "must have" list, but I've found it somewhere else where it's cheaper, as ya do!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks Jackie It's raining today, well drizzly, so I can't put any more coats on it Great for the summer though, especially for Mum as it's all on a level from the lounge!

Here you go H, this is the "must have" water feature!
http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/ecl...es-p-1384.html

Yes Jackie, it's definitely gone on my "must have" list, but I've found it somewhere else where it's cheaper, as ya do!!!
Excellent if you can get it cheaper mate. Gorgeous and a bargain, what more can you want?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Errrrm I dunno, but I'm sure you'll think of something!!!!! xxxxxxxxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >