View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 09:25 AM
im so so gutted that i missed it again this year, more so as my wee spud ben was there it would have been great to catch up with you all, it looked like a brill walk with the dogs, the dogs would have loved it, so sorry i missed you again ys sorry i missed you elaine, i do hope to catch up with hali and lynne sometime soon though,

ps i would have crapped myself as well if i had seen ben going over that wall to......
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Fab pics guys and looks like a brill day out!

Lynne, I know how you feel with the bridge thing - Monty did the same thing on the canal the other day except there actually was a sheer drop of about 30ft on the other side. To say I nearly s**t myself would be an understatement!! It actually made me wonder if agility training is such a good idea as before that he'd never climb up onto Walls or ramps and now he does it all the time!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
im so so gutted that i missed it again this year, more so as my wee spud ben was there it would have been great to catch up with you all, it looked like a brill walk with the dogs, the dogs would have loved it, so sorry i missed you again ys sorry i missed you elaine, i do hope to catch up with hali and lynne sometime soon though,

ps i would have crapped myself as well if i had seen ben going over that wall to......:shock:
Yup - just like when Tip leapt over the wall at South Queensferry

You should've seen Ben though, he was into everything - climbing, jumping, sliding down steep banks, falling off logs (oh sorry, that wasn't Ben that was Elaine). You'd never know he'd had such a major op.

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Fab pics guys and looks like a brill day out!

Lynne, I know how you feel with the bridge thing - Monty did the same thing on the canal the other day except there actually was a sheer drop of about 30ft on the other side. To say I nearly s**t myself would be an understatement!! It actually made me wonder if agility training is such a good idea as before that he'd never climb up onto Walls or ramps and now he does it all the time!!
I take it Monty was ok? As I just said to Shona - Tip did it once - frightened the life out of me (not least because he scared himself too much to come back to me and had stood on his lead (which I had had to let go of as otherwise I would've strangled him) so I ended up having to climb down and go and get him!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Brilliant photos Lynne and Fiona. That looks a fab place to walk, and I am definitely going to have to venture over there sometime to see for myself.

Looks like you all had a great meet up and walk together. It is collie heaven. All the collies are beautiful. Wee staffie Ben is sooo gorgeous and it brings a smile to my face to hear that he was tearing around, into everything and thoroughly enjoying himself.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

You should've seen Ben though, he was into everything - climbing, jumping, sliding down steep banks, falling off logs (oh sorry, that wasn't Ben that was Elaine). You'd never know he'd had such a major op.

I take it Monty was ok? As I just said to Shona - Tip did it once - frightened the life out of me (not least because he scared himself too much to come back to me and had stood on his lead (which I had had to let go of as otherwise I would've strangled him) so I ended up having to climb down and go and get him!
Thankfully he was ok! I think when he got onto the wall he realised that there was a sheer drop on the other side he was as scared as I was!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

ps i would have crapped myself as well if i had seen ben going over that wall to......
Aw Shona it would be great to see you, Fiona and I are going to try and get together one Saturday it was going to be Dundee/Fife way but maybe we could sort something out your way??

You would have been so proud of your wee spud, he was brilliant with all the pack, Poppy was intent on charging at him full speed lips curled and barking and Ben was just like mum what is that dog doing!!

He was the first down the bank into the river, he showed off climbing the corrugated metal when he won't cross a bridge

He just had a ball as did Stuart and I

LOL Hali

Its frightening how many of us it has happened to, its that heart stopping second where you think Sh*t

Andof course screaming at Stuart was really helpful
Not sure what I expected him to do!!!

I have some more pics on my phone but every time I connect the phone the pc shuts down
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 10:39 AM
we had a few comments along the lines of more sheepdogs than sheep but it was lovely seeing them all together and getting on pretty well.

Tess is such a sweetie Especially for you here's one of her that I took on another walk earlier this week. She's such a water baby

Thanks Steph I will also pass this on to Shelley too xx
it's a beautiful picture and deffo a contender for any a calendar competition for sure
I couldn't say who's collies were who's or which collie was which from the photo's but I spotted Tess in everyone of them even tho she looks like 2 different dogs with having a white splodge on one side and not the other she stands out a mile... for me anyway

I was talking to a lady in the park with a border Collie similar to Tess she told me her name was 'MOO' because in the distance she looks like a cow very far away. awww bless
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Great pics but oh boy! That must have been a total heart attack moment when Ben went over that wall!!!

Lovely to see all those gorgeous woofers together. I bet there was a lot of snoring that night!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Here are some more that I took with phone when camera batteries ran out!

These are the water piccies

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 11:18 AM
That looks so funny seeing all those collies together in the water!! Like some strange collie cult having a baptism or something!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >