View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 01:16 PM

Feeling broody is it because I am bored? and do I walk Zuki too much?

I have been feeling really broody for no apparent reason, I already have a puppy and my Zuki baby but I want more If we lived in a bigger house with acres of land I would serously consider having tribes of Sibes, we could only have two more dogs in our three bed house comfortabley, I think maybe the reason I am feeling like this is because I have too much time on my hands Baku only goes for one walk a day at the moment and Zuki goes for two or three depending on whether I am busy or not with housework, I go back to Uni in october but even then I am only out for short periods three times a week and so I know that I will get bored and although Zuki loves her walkies sometimes I think I am walking her too much just because I am so bored. My friends all work and have other resposiblities and so its usually just me and the doglets during the day and I feel i have so much time that I cannot fill, my OH got me Zuki as a prezzy and then we got Baku and I could easily sway him to getting more but think I am only wanting more doglets because I am so bored, Zuki and i have had two walks today already and its only early, my neighbour commented that I always seem to be walking the dogs and now I feel really bad, how would I know that Zuki has had enough walkies? It seems as though she could go on forever
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Broody aaww Zuba i do feel for you, maybe a compromise would be time at the local rescue centre i know most are crying out for volunteer dog walkers, walk the dog a bit of fun training maybe a grooming session - maybe a foster dog who knows where it could end?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:11 PM
..............Or she could have a BABY....... - you wouldn't get bored then - insane perhaps but never bored
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:13 PM
well if your board i am just down the road..plenty to do here
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
..............Or she could have a BABY....... - you wouldn't get bored then - insane perhaps but never bored
She's bored not crazy (mother of three= experience and lack of sanity!)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
She's bored not crazy (mother of three= experience and lack of sanity!)
Yes same here - I was sane once about 16 years ago.
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Only another 30 odd years to go then!!!!!
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2006, 07:57 PM
ahh hun ...Bored or broody ot BOTH Definately do some volunteer work and see if you still feel broody when you're not bored... and if you do feel the same then ......you need to tell us if you are broody for fur babies or skin babies????
Hugs
Rachel
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
Broody aaww Zuba i do feel for you, maybe a compromise would be time at the local rescue centre i know most are crying out for volunteer dog walkers, walk the dog a bit of fun training maybe a grooming session - maybe a foster dog who knows where it could end?
I think Mutthouse has some great ideas here. I know how hard it is wanting another dog, but as you know this is a long term commitment. In years to come when you have completed your course and working, how would coping with three dogs fit in with your life? (No need to give me the answer, just a Q for you to ponder.)

You are wise, you realise the reasons for feeling broody and wanting more, and are not rushing into getting another dog just because.

I'd def get down to the local rescue center and offer a hand. :smt002
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Where is my nearest rescue centre? I live Portsmouth the only one I can think of is stubbington ark I had thought of maybe fostering and also being a volunteer home checker

Definately feeling broody for fur babies
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >