View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Lol Harvey...just be careful where you kneel...don't want you in anything unpleasant lol. Hope you find out what she has been nibbling on, we have wild garlic in our woods and I love walking through there and smelling it
Brenda, I am sorry you aren't happy...no fear, I would never be saddled with anyone, I don't mind walking away and starting again, on one occasion I left with only the clothes I had on and left everything else I owned behind
Sue, my brother can be generous but then selfish too.....I have literally nothing but if I could help someone I would...my brother hmmmm I don't think he would help people
Nippy, I am dead laid back, I do agree though that I need to make sure he is the right one....will have fun finding out hopefully!!!!
Lynn, have a lovely lunch...how are things going with Joel and school now??
On a break, dad gone to fetch some pipe
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Have a look here Losos. I had some just appear in my garden a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphytum_officinale
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2016, 01:04 PM
You'll be able to smell it before you see it if it is wild garlic Harvey. Comfrey is a very tall leafy plant and has a purple flower.I did have some in my garden for years when I had horses, but there was no need for one after that, they spread like mad, so dug it up and planted it along the towpath (which is where I got it from in the first place)
Very clammy here, again. All walks done and am ready for a shower,butty,brew and sit down for a while. Have planted some more petunias that I got on Friday as some of the plants I left in from last year have done nothing, so have taken them out.Cleared the viney creepery thingy that keeps coming in from Jeff's wildlife reserve next door. Near had a heart attack because something moved, it was a brown frog, saw it years ago and it gave me a shock then, thought it was long gone, but no its living under the roses by the wall.
Rain forecast mid afternoon so wanted to get everything out of the way that involved being outside.
Hope the Fathers Day visit goes well LG and you escape quickly without too much upset for The Mem.
Griff, your brother has been and gone and you kept your hands off him, well done. Your dad will need a new bathroom to use his pressies in won't he
Brenda, I'm with you. I count myself lucky now that I've been Unlucky In Love, because otherwise I too would be stuck as an unpaid, unappreciated skivvy. As I have led such a sad unfulfilled life without a man forever tied round my neck (my mothers view) then I can do what I want.
Nippy its so lovely that you are very happy with Brian, something you rarely hear of at all. Lucky you to have found a Keeper,I only found Chuck 'Em Outers
Hoping all is going well with the Joel situation and solutions are being found, Lynn. Have a lovely day
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Take care by the river Harvey and hope Rianna is feeling a bit better today

Busy again June your garden must be looking great by now.

Went for a walk round Sovereign Harbour at Eastbourne it was very busy round the restaurant area but the rest was good. Stood watching the boats coming back to harbour and in the lock and then had a walk along the beach for Teazle to have a paddle
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Never seen a comfrey plant before
TW....yep, didn't kill him, was only a couple of hours lol....came close though
Lucky Teazle going to the beach!!! I am very jealous, haven't been to the sea for oooo at least 8years, flying visit to blackpool didn't let me near the sea
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Raining here now. The swans have a baby with them, she's been sitting on that nest for ages. I did try and get a piccie of the mum and baby, but daddy didn't like the girls near them, then mum and baby disappeared into the reeds. I hooked Mabs and Kesh's leads around a fence and did get a couple of piccies but not wonderful ones, then daddy came to protect them again.Will keep an eye open for them on more open water during the week.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Lol TW, yes I suppose I am lucky but then so is he!!!!!
We never went for our walk, it started raining Good job really I had forgotten it was Fathers day and of course Paul came to visit.
Your walk sounds lovely by the river TW. Would love so see some swan pics.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2016, 03:43 PM
They're up on the canal, Nippy. The ones I got today weren't that good, will have to wait my time. There aren't that many people around in the week, so they'll perhaps be a bit more settled next time I walk up there. Cygnet is so sweet though I didn't think she'd hatched any to be honest as seen her out with Hubby and no babies in the last week, must have been in the nest she built. Shame there's only one, swans on the top canal have had a few apparently
Brian is a very lucky man to have won you, and I'm sure he knows it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I remember once on a cruise we went through the Kiel canal. I have never seen so many swans in my life . There were nests almost the entire length on both sides. The canal is so narrow you feel you can almost touch the banks and yet the swans weren't at all worried by this huge ship passing them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2016, 04:03 PM
There are a lot around here for some reason, quite a few herons as well, plus ducks, geese, moorhens that I see regularly. Seen a couple of kingfishers, they are past so quickly I have never managed to get a piccie
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >