View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Oh Griff, only you could get a stalker
The dog that passed away the other day was a RR, Brenda.
They are totally devastated.I advised them to let their Utonagan see him when he came back from the vets before they buried him so he knew what had happened. He's now lying on his bed at night, howling
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Glad most are doing well even if almost committing murder and putting up with holes in the garden.

Another cold and rainy day, been like this all week and yes although it's June I've had my heating on quite a few times over the last week lol I've no idea where the time goes each day seems to speed by.

I went to the hairdressers on Tuesday, first time in about 10 years got it half price from Groupon so nice and short now. Gave me a price list when I left. Cut and blow dry £28 - Mens cut and blow dry from £12-£17 I have short hair so why can't I get it at £12. I said to my sister this is because men wouldn't pay £28 whereas women are stupid and will pay it only for her to tell me her son pays £40 to get his hair cut at some posh place in Edinburgh so there are stupid men about as well hahaha

I'll just keep cutting my own hair as I am a tightfisted b*tch lol

Got myself a pair of Doc Martens from ebay for £10 they're bright red and I love them
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Evening all.
Griff - surely you know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Don't let the copy-cat get on your nerves. She'll just be jealous of your inivitive flair, charm, wit and good looks! (That'll be a tenner you owe me! lol !).
1cd - try going to a mens barbers they should give you quick cut for six or seven pounds. Our village barber (Nickname of Flymo Frank) does mine for a fiver.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Second time it has happened to me TW!!! I am really unhappy, there is only one me...ahhhhh well, will sort something out
1CD....I pay £15 for my haircut, that is just a wet cut nothing else, I get the rs on mine occasionally, usually give myself a mowhawk lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Lol cheers LG, tenner is in the post lol...my mate has just said there is only one me and I am special lol....she might try and look like me but won't measure up...lol, that's nice
It makes me howl every time you refer to your barber as flymo frank
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
1cd - try going to a mens barbers they should give you quick cut for six or seven pounds. Our village barber (Nickname of Flymo Frank) does mine for a fiver.
That's a real bargain, even when we were in CZ (where wages are about half what they are in UK) the best I could do was £6 and now our village hairdresser does it for £8

I would have to be dragged screaming and shouting into any barber that charged £40

I once went into a ladies hairdresser, didn't ask the price and she hit me for £16 that was ten years ago and I still can't walk past the place without thinking about it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
He has done a really good job and the price was half that he quoted as he said it was easier than he thought
Well sounds like he turned out to be reliable after all. Glad it worked out well 'cos there's nothing worse than getting a shoddy job back and still having to pay for it.

As I mentioned before, my experience is not so good, I really don't know how some of the tradesmen around here manage to get any business and Lynn was very unlucky too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2016, 09:31 PM
I went to the barbers where all of my dads family get their haircut...at the time I had a graduated Bob so it was shaved at the back.....the fella charges say £10, he made me wait for the lady who charged me £16 just to shave a small bit of hair!!! Gutted. I can go to my hairdresser, get a restyle and she still only charges me £15
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Hi Griff - There's huge variance in hairdresser charges, seems it's best to get a quote before you sit in the chair

In LG's case I suspect that 'Flymo Fred' may get a discount on some of our VIP's produce, that way both of them avoid VAT

Sorry have to go now, need to check on Rianna who has been a tad quiet today and didn't eat a lot, hope she's not ill. Also have some chores and already yawning so bed beckons.

Goodnight all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Hope Riannas OK Harvey,has she poo'ed today
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4