Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Euro 2016

Is anyone following the football?

I really enjoy the European and World Cups but don't follow football otherwise.

What I am really saddened to see is all the hooliganism and violence especially from England fans. I thought we had banished such dreadful, disgusting behaviour to the dark days of the past.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Dreadful isn't it although I have to say I believe our"fans" are goaded into making trouble now.
This was proved by the punishment meted out to the Russians.

Oh by the way yes I love football
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 08:13 AM
I am not a football follower but am interested in the euro matches.
As for the violence I agree with Jenny I believe our fans are being goaded and of course they have to fight back if cornered and jumped on. Our eldest friend was out there over the weekend and he said they witnessed very little trouble and the media do seem to be hyping it up.
Gorden worked for a short while in Kazakhstan now independent of Russia but a lot of Russians living there. He would cut our calls short the only place he get a signal was in the cafe if any Russians were in there he would say I am going they made him feel very intimidated staring all the time.
I think they have very little tolerance to any other nationality or way of life and it doesn't surprise me they have taken this opportunity to cause mayhem.
I do believe we have solved our problem of football thuggery in the Uk and am sure our fans fighting back are doing it for survival not for the thuggery element.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 08:57 AM
It's scary that they are taking flares into the grounds undetected.

With all the violence that is going on and the ever-constant threat of terrorist attack, it makes you wonder what 'sport' is all about doesn't it?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm watching it and enjoying it, I used to play in a women's football league back in the '80's long before it became fashionable.
I'm quite surprised the french police haven't been more security conscious after all the talk beforehand about possible terror attacks and then you see flares being let off in the crowd.
The sport is very much in evidence on the pitch.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Fed up with it all already!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Love football, and am loving watching it all
Tony has been looking at videos on the net and seems a lot of the fans are really enjoying the their time and like been said seems the Russians have gone their just to cause problems and are goading English fans. He's just shown me some footage of the Northern Ireland fans who are having an absolutely brilliant time
I say C'mon England