View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Oh no brenda, i wonder is it your ball cock....you could pull it up, using a wooden spoon or something long enough to go across the cistern..lay that across the top of the cistern and then using a piece of string tie the ball cock up...just pull it up gently, wrapr some string around it and tie that to the wooden spoon...the ballcock shouldn't drop down again then and hopefully the water will stop flowing into the cistern
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Lynn, that is a nice treat to give the vets and you are right...some vets are like family...mine certainly is, we have known him since he got to the u.k and he is just lovely..as are all the staff there really
TW, i used to put my flag up across my window and then as soon as england got booted out go and rip it down in a strop...dead grown up me Lol Maybe the pub was too busy for Jeff? the legion were doing £2.20 a pint all the time the game was on...damn it!!
Dex is not constipated thankfully!!!! better to check than leave it go to the weekend and then find he is ill, the nurses groomed him for me too as he doesn't like me doing him, apparently was good as gold for them!!!little swine, everyone was cooing over him again Lol proper little charmer he is
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 02:32 PM
You know Griff, you are like a resident DIY manual, we should keep you in the wardrobe like the bank manager adv from years ago
Kathryn been and because she had sorted the neck problem out, she found the other problem straight away, she'd twisted herself at the back of her ribcage just before her hips (phew!) Also she could see by all the matts that had gathered because she just wouldn't let me near there, as I knew that she wasn't being naughty this time and in actual pain, I haven't pushed it and just left it. Also, when she rolled in all that yukky stuff I had to cut out, well exact same place where she has done herself the damage, Kathryn says she was probably trying to get it back in place. Amazing when you know, unfortunately I hadn't read the signs very well, in fact not at all. She was really good as well, because it was obviously painful when she was manipulating it back in place, was a bit jumpy but to be quite honest she could have ripped our faces off quite easily if she wanted to but she was so good and kept licking my face and I was kissing her nose telling her what a star she was. Kathryn had her on 3 legs at one stage manipulating the leg on the side that was damaged and that obviously wasn't very comfortable either, but she stood there like a little darling. Flopped down on the floor and licked my toes when she was finished. I've got to keep her on lead walks only for the next week so she can't do any handstands or backflips, but she can have a longer walk, so will take her with Cariad and Lona to the field onlead. Then she can go on the river to run round in the water for the next week.
Never mind Holby City, its ruddy Casualty
Hoping Yer Man sorts it out Brenda and has been to you by now.I saw Holby City was on, so sad Diggers isn't with us anymore, cried buckets over that one.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Lynn, sorry, the bathroom will begin again tomorrow!! we have popped a cabinet in just to see what it looks like and how far down the tiling will need to go, saturday, nothing will get done as my brother is back up
i think someone may have tried to break in to my house...not sure when, you know where you close your window and turn the handle the handle goes over a plastic striker plate type thing? well that is lying on the window sill...i can't see how it could have fallen out
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 03:02 PM
How weird they would try and break in when you've got dogs that sound the alarm, unless the dogs DID sound the alarm and they did a runner at that point
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Glad the back problem seems to be sorted June.
Heck griff that doesn't sound good you thinking someone might of tried to break in. Hopefully after a rest the bathroom will be plain sailing from now on.
Animals are like children aren't they always better behaved with things than with us.
When I was at the vet a beautiful black shepherd came through for his walk out only a youngster. Well I fell in love and was told he was now the vets. He had been eating stones and had a blockage just about to go under the knife owners rang his insurance hadn't been kept up and they couldn't afford the op. Told to put to sleep vets offered them £50 monthly repayments owners refused said put to sleep. Vets said no sign him over to us owner did and the vets will get him well and re-home him.
Vets were quite shocked even with a re-payment plan the owner didn't want to take up the offer.
I remember when Ollie was ill the vet school would ask for owners to sign animal over if the owner couldn't afford treatment and they knew the animal would make a good recovery.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Griff the DIY oracle we must put yu somewhere safe so we don't loose you!!

Hope it wasn't someone trying to break in and just a faulty catch.

What a good girl June she obviously knows that neither of yu would hurt on purpose only to help her get better. Gentle hugs to her.

How awful Lynn, I would do anything if I couldn't afford treatment to make sure my dog was ok. Bet they go out and get another though

Hope plumber has now been and you are dry once again Brenda. Mind you at lunch time we had a big puddle in the downstairs loo - no idea where from as not the radiator, cysten or hand basin but in the middle of the floor all dry now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 03:27 PM
It is Sue and the vets were very upset but he will survive and find a good home thanks to them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Maybe Barry got caught short, Sue
Thats awful about the poor dog, I couldn't bear to do that, will always do everything I can to help them. They have so much trust in you to do whats right. Look at Zen, even though she's a nightmare and didn't really want to let Kathryn touch her, she did, stayed as still as she could until it was over with.
That dog is actually better off without those people, and like Sue says, bet they go out and get another!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2016, 03:32 PM
there is no way the striker could have fallen out as the latch keeps it in place....have told my dad and mum but i can't be arsed with sitting through hours of cctv not knowing when it happened, it wasn't this afternoon as i scanned through that, the only thing i can assume is it would be at night as it is the front of the house, i did hear voices the other night but figured they were something to do with the car with the faulty alarm....the dogs come up with me at night so they wouldn't bark...they didn't get in though!!!! that's the main thing Lol. will need to look at an alarm again, we have a yale one but could never get it to work right
Lynn, that is damn awful, how terrible but pleased the dog has been saved, my vet is like that lol
TW, pleased zen is sorted and she was a good girl for you both
Sue, lol...i just pick stuff up and remember it
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >