register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Brenda, tomorrow is a Good Day as far as the Sorting Office is concerned, the ONLY day it is open All Day. So tomorrow I will be off down there after the girls have been walked, if the weather is too bad for that then I will go down in the morning, unless we have a monsoon as we did on Monday. There have been a couple of occasions when the sorting office has had a notice on the door 'Closed Due to Unforeseen Circumstances' on a Wednesday, but in the main that is The Day to repatriate our parcels. Wondering where Tony our usual postman is, he has been MIA for a few weeks, I asked the lad who is doing the round if he was away and he said he was, but its over a month now, this wouldn't have happened if Tony was on, I had asked the current lad if he could leave stuff either on the step or with a neighbour, and he did that once, but obviously never again. Will see him I'm sure at some point and rephrase my request, but still be nice, which is hard, but I will do it.
Oh No, put The Chase on and it is football
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Take heart June - the next time our thugs start beating up other supporters (or vice versa) the sports governing body will kick us out of the competition. That should reduce the amount of air time devoted to the "beautiful game" - sadly I see only overpaid tarts throwing themselves on the floor squealing if anybody comes within 6 feet of them!
I suppose as always that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! lol !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Looking forward to Holby City.....but Oh No....its Football
I thought it was the Russians 'fault'
Girls had chicken necks for tea and its a beautiful night, they are laid out fast asleep. By the way they had bananas after their tea last night, and all were in bed and giving it zeds, so thinking bananas is the way to go
Hoping we get a dry morning tomorrow and I can get some decent walks in, Zen is only on a short onlead walk, but the others need to get out properly without me having to recourse to a wet suit and flippers
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Its time we dressed like ducks. Quack quack. I like duck eggs.Corrie on soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
the next time our thugs start beating up other supporters (or vice versa) the sports governing body will kick us out of the competition.
But will they actually do it I heard the statement, it had all the right words, but when push comes to shoove they will chicken out by saying it was not large scale violence and they will back down.

Not a football supporter myself either and TBH it will only stop when a team like England or one of the other 'big' names really does get kicked out of the competition.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Sadly there are some people who attend football matches who sadly just want to fight and they don't care who with...there was most likely English thugs involved in the problems but from what I can grasp it was the ruskies that started it..that doesn't mean that all of our lot were innocent and there will have been groups who sole intent was to see what happened happen. I can remember being at school and the local club gave a load of tickets to our school, it was against villa and loads of kids from my year went...we are talking 15year old kids, trouble kicked off outside and the kids from our school tried to get away from it...they were cornered by villa fans and got quite a kicking....they were full grown adults beating on children! They only got away when the landlord of one of the locals and some fellas in there opened the doors up and dragged the kids in...my second cousin was black and blue the next day.
Myself personally I would pull the plug on the lot...treat them like children, the actions of one lot ruin it for the all then..sadly will never happen due to the money involved!!! Same goes for the diving...if the ref booked people or just gave an instant red card they would all stop doing it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Found out whats happened re the Tony the Postman, he's been sacked because he locked his keys in his van. How many people have done either that or something similar in their lives. Everybody's saying the same as me, why are parcels being taken back to somewhere thats never open,when there are designated places and arrangements in place, so not only me thats unhappy. Tony is such a lovely guy, when we had the floods he personally ensured those who were flooded out got their mail and nothing went astray. A petition has been started!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 09:59 PM
What!!!!!!!! Jeez,how ridiculous, one of the fellas my dad works with left the keys in his van...with it unlocked and it got nicked....was found an hour later undamaged and he hasn't had the sack....get people on f...book and twit@@r, get him trending and his story shared and people will pick up on it..to get things quietened down royal mail might just reinstate him
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm not on there myself,but someone's seen it and told me. I thought it was strange he had vanished, he's a fixture down here, and no one is happy about having to trek miles to collect a parcel and find the place is closed when you get there. If you don't drive then buses are every half hour, and then if its closed you have to come back again. Its a bit of a drive even if you have a car, and they have (in their wisdom) decided to 'upgrade' the town centre and there is no parking, except in the big Asda, then you have to walk over to the place and hope its open. Hence my unwillingness to go there in torrential rain on Monday!!!Seen on the news that Cheshire Oaks got a similar rainstorm this afternoon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 01:45 AM
That really is badTW..poor bloke, did what loads of people do everyday and it got the sack...an accident is all it was, metal coathanger was all they needed or a slim jim and to be honest I would have thought it would be the sort of thing that royal mail would have someone to deal with..I mean each depot has tonnes of vans and a very easy thing to do.
In our city, they have moved our sorting office from the centre of town to 2sites in the city....ours has no bus to it! You have to get a bus and then it is about a 15minute walk there and back...no fun in the rain
I can't sleep again.. ...getting a bit annoying now lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3