View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 01:18 PM
oh Gosh, i am so very sorry for their loss...i look at Dex cat and think he won't be here much longer and i can feel the tears welling up...love having them but hate losing them
posted your pills off today, also looked in savers for you...none...bodycare....none
started raining whilst i was out...went without a coat too, never mind..bit of rain never killed anyone
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 01:40 PM
It is awful to know once they get past a certain age that there is every chance they won't be with you at some point. With a big dog I think that every day over 10 years is a bonus, and Cariad and Lona are 10 and a half now.
Just got a piccie from my friend, they've brought him home and he's seen him and gone and lay on his bed, so he knows now that he won't be coming back. Awful day
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Just got back from a very windy warm outing with Tyto and thought I had better check for grass darts etc. and found a red ant in his white coat. Can just imagine how itchy that would have been. No grass darts though although I did find one creeping into the carpet this morning. Perishing things. I know the pavements will be awash with them soon as the council haven't cut the grass verges for weeks. June hope you feel better soon, just have lots of cuddles, it always helps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Oh noooo Brenda, as if there isn't enough to contend with already, ticks, fleas and now red ants.
I'll be fine, have told one of my friends about it all, and we have cried together as she knows the dogs involved, and has been through it, brought back memories of a similar situation to her, as it did me.
All you can be is there for the people in the middle of all the horror and talk them through it, and know they will do the same for you when needs be.
Got loads of bones and have bagged them all and my freezers are full to bursting. Hoping for a nice day tomorrow and we'll get out for a decent walk and come home dry, then I'll get my errands done in the afternoon. Thats the plan anyway, they say it comes in 3's and I've had my 3 now. Need good phone calls and emails for the rest of the week
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Never a good day to lose a loved animal - just hope they can try to look back to the good times and know they did the best for their cherished friend.
Is this grass dart thing summat we don't have Ooop Norf! I've never had a dog with any problem from grass seeds or brambles - anything like that. Apart from the odd scratch or cut (quick blast of septi-cleanse) nothing untoward after all these years and let's face it my lot get exposed to the elements, vegetation etc., a lot more than most. Perhaps I've just been lucky - in which case I'll just cross my fingers and hope it continues! lol ! The one thing that my lot fall foul of is broken glass I've had some real nasties with that over the years. My thanks for this has got to go to walkers and picnickers or even those who sling bottles out of car windows on country lanes - you wouldn't think it happens but it does with monotonous regularity and you never seem to catch the b@st@rds! Hate them with a vengeance!
Enough moaning - not like me at all (tongue in cheek).
Just had the result in from the MOT - £277 - new wishbone fitted , MOT now passed plus new air and oil filters and complete oil change plus couple of new brake shoes. So not bad really. Oh! had wheels balanced whilst it was in the garage. Have no idea what a wishbone is (apart from the obvious one on a chicken) but the Mem knows and she's satisfied with the result, which is in fact all that really matters, from my point of view.
Have a good rest of day all, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 03:07 PM
LG, we have the broken bottle issue here, in fact, wehn we got to the river i only go part way as i know the other bit is littered with smashed bottles...i don't understand why people do it...i had a go at a group of kids when i was at training for smashing a bottle...one lad tried to get all mouthy and i guess they are just people to cowering away...not me!! went beserk at him and told i would send the bill to his parents and have them through small claims if my dog cut her paw...his mate dragged him off before he could open his mout Lol
Good news about the car...good price too
just messaged my brother to remind him it is fathers day... he has a PA who takes care of all that now, anyway, he said he was just deciding if to drive up with it......not sure what the point is really, dad will be in the bathroom as will i, the dogs will annoy him, he will complain the place is a tip and the dogs smell (not able to bath them) i have told him if he want sto come up fine, just let me know if he is staying so i can try and get the unit out of his room Lol and warned him there would be no sunday roast as we are too busy to sit down for a proper dinner...which is true!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 03:28 PM
LOL LG, the wishbone is to do with the steering rack, and yes thats an excellent price you paid there
There is sometimes broken glass outside one of the pubs after the weekend, and a lot of crisp packets etc. but apart from that we aren't so badly off as regards broken glass. Some of the stuff that is slung into the river....well....car number plates is a frequent item, the odd (emptied) wallet and sometimes a mobile phone. Lots of odd shoes (wonder how they get home) and of course shopping trolleys Used to get a lot of tyres as well.
River will be high at the moment so we can't get on there, there was flash flooding because of the rain yesterday, thank goodness not here, but it will be passing through from the tops and surrounding areas and will be a few days before things settle down and the river lowers itself again.
Going to watch The Chase, got a cup of tea and have eaten a Snickers bar, then will sort the girls out, they're very quiet all laid outside, probaby thankful they didn't drown yesterday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Afternoon everyone.
June so sorry to hear of the sadness. Hugs to all.
Moyra hope the car has not cost more than quoted. Glad your car wasn't too expensive LG and is now legal again. We get shredded cans here on the verges where the mowers go along and cut back in Harlow it was the same when the council use to cut the grass, smashed glass bottles left and cans. One man's young collie cut his paw badly due to that.
Us walkers would often pick up stray cans and bottles on our walk and bin them to hopefully save our dogs and others the suffering. Things like that really annoy me.
Trying to sort out some insurance for the Mazda as Tesco wouldn't reverse the insurance extension, so the insurance on that runs out at midnight and the Peugeot is now the main insured car.
From my research for most of the day I reckon insuring it with no claims and then cancelling when sold is the best way to go no more expensive really than 30 days temporary insurance. Not sure how many days I will lose while its in the garage out of 30 days and of course it will have to wait for weekends for Gorden to take people on test drives. Cancellation fee will apply on an insurance policy but at least there won't be such a rush and worry over the countdown to 30 days.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 03:40 PM
June do you think you will get round to collecting your parcel soon? It might cheer you up. I still have the postal receipt so I could chase it and maybe get them to deliver it again?. Yep lg we get our fair share of rubbish round here but it getting better as the kids grow up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Well I phoned to see whether my car was finished and they said they were still working on the welding of it.........so that is two day work on it, just hope it is not going to cost me more than the £600+ which was quoted.

Heard from the anaethetist's secretary today from the hospital and she has kindly written to the surgeons secretary to ask her to follow up the report that was to be sent to my Doctor. As I pointed out until my doc receives that I cannot get antibiotics or other preparations for my rash which is infected.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >