Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
How are Rianna's legs now ?
Well don't know if you saw my post about a week ago when it was very hot she was reluctant to get out of the car at Knettishall Heath, she did eventualy get out but was definately a bit shaky and actually her back legs collapsed twice. I found a bench to sit on and she laid down in the shade of the trees and got her strength back and we made it back to the car OK. We have been only doing short gentle walks since then although she seems to be walking normally now. Will be seeing the vet soon to see if they want to change her medication
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Sofa people turned up after I called them in the morning. They had a bit of a job getting it out of the lounge door due to size and weight. Sue and I did discuss getting a replacement one or repair this one . The size and quality of ours makes it worth the repair. What happened is a seam on the middle of the 3 piece had developed a small split down the centre seam in the centre bartand as the individual cushions are all part of the main structure the whole thing had to go back to be repaired. hey are also going to refill inside the seats at the same time. Cost quite a bit but worth it as it had already lasted well over 10 or 15 years and still looks like new.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I did see that post Harvey think I replied to it ????
Could of been the heat it has been a bit humid here.
Some things are worth repairing Tweed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Cost quite a bit but worth it as it had already lasted well over 10 or 15 years and still looks like new.
Pleased they eventualy turned up I would think that it's worth keeping also because I can't see how modern production methods would last as long and definately not look as good.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
think I replied to it ????
Could of been the heat it has been a bit humid here.
Sorry Lynn, didn't want to go back and check but you've jogged my one brain cell into remembering you did reply

We will keep her on short walks during the summer and hope that the vet gives the OK to go a bit further when it's cooler. Sadly I think the days when we did three or four miles are over but so long as she is willing and enjoying all the smells and meeting other dogs I think it's good for her to get out. The vet in CZ said to try and exercise her (even a little bit) every day.

I'm feeling sleepy now so will be away, wishing you all well and see you tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Hahaha poor you Lynn.....5year olds are like the Duracell bunny!!!!! The battery last forever lol. I am sure Dillon would rather be at home than be bothered by Bun
Harvey...good to hear riannas legs seem better.....the street robbery was 30seconds away from where I get the bus in town!! And I go that way to get my blood test done too, will be keeping my eyes peeled in future, trouble is the town is just full of crack heads and junkies
Tumbleweed, pleased the sofa has been collected...let's hope they get it back to you quickly
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Evening all.
Seems that not everything in the garden is as rosy as members would like!!!
What with Doctors, cars, unseasonal violence and lousy weather not to mention the seemingly relentless soccer on the TV. Ah well! If the worse comes to it - there's always the OFF Button. At least that would remedy the soccer situation although little it seems can be done about some of the other maladies.
Been blerdy awful here today - rained right through till almost tea-time. So have got little done, spent several hours shopping with the Mem just to have something different to do that didn't involve being soaked wet through. She had a need for a new pair of shoes so I went along to offer my usual "Yes Dear!" or "Oh those are lovely!" or "Just the thing Darling!" and then be ready with the wallet for the nasty bit at the end of the deal! lol ! Don't know why she can't get a liking for a decent pair of clogs - they last virtually for ever - just need new irons every year or so! See - that's the trouble with modern women - demanding!
I'm saving money at the moment, by dint of the fact that dear Fagin hasn't eaten for 3 days - nothing wrong with the miserable beggar, he is always like this if one of the bitches is at her most receptive spell of season. Tess will come off in a couple of days and then normality will be restored. He has a yen to be a Daddy and it ain't going to happen!!!! Obviously at such a delicate time - she is exercised seperately from the other three, but no matter how quietly I try to leave home without him, he starts the most unearthly howling the second I leave the premises, sounds like we have filled the cellars with banshees! Fortunately it only goes on for 10 mins or so and then he goes to his bed and sulks until I re-appear!
Harvey - you are quite right when you say that June shouldn't be like this - looking back all those years to my distant childhood, I remember that our family summer holiday was always the first two weeks in June and we invariably had splendid weather. Not anywhere exotic either as we had a beach bungalow on the Lleyn peninsula. Perhaps it's just a case of selective memory but I can't honestly remember it raining.
Back in a bit, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 10:07 PM
You have half a brain cell more than me Harvey.
Your poor wallet has taken a bashing in the last week or two LG. Hope Fagin is soon over his wanting to be a daddy phase.

Been in a couple of minutes Dillon pleased to see me been out now curled up on the sofa with me. I will stay up for a while as he has been left so long.
Paul and Beth had a lovely time and that's nice seeings how seldom they go out as a couple. Maybe now they will take the opportunity to go out every once in a while.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Awwwww poor Fagin.....and your poor wallet!!!
Lovely that Paul and beth could get out together
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Lynn - lovely of you to help out your neighbours, bet they really enjoyed themselves.
Griff - never mind poor Fagin - the beggar has the life of Riley. If he thinks I'm running round the place like a kangaroo on whizz looking after a dozen or so of his offspring - then he really is badly mistaken. My days of rearing pups are over! lol !
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4