View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Just walked Amber, she is happy and relieved. If Steve thinks I am cooking him dinner he can go run. He has been playing with his fish tanks all day!
No I shall probably turn in and have a kip at least for a few hours. Might catch up with you all later. xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Actually stopped raining and girls have come outside for a change.
Not heard from Katherine yet, I remember her saying she was in Saddleworth all day today, maybe she'll be in touch later, hoping it wasn't horses she wasn't doing, fancy having to sort horses backs and legs etc out in the pouring rain,when they will not be very co-operative to say the least.
Footie on BBC1, Tennis on BBC2, why did they bother making a Sky Sports channel when its all still on terrestrial. Wonder why Doctors isn't on this week, probably to do with the bluddy football in some way or other.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Football June and probably tennis and then Olympics. Have you got your parcel yet? I can see it getting damaged or missing. Never mind the thought was there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Its in the sorting office,very difficult to get there and find them open,even if they say they are. DO NOT WORRY
The rain was so torrential this morning I was scared to drive in it safely, because that was on my To Do List when it started to rain, then when I went outside I ran back in again, roads round here can get very slippy and treacherous. I reckon we had 2 inches of rain in one and a half hours.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Oh dear. Never mind. I just thought they would have left a card for redelivery. All week there is nothing but back to back football. Good job there are other channels.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 07:08 PM
I feel it is so wrong that so many channels and so much time is given over to football on tv. There are enough sports channels without depriving the majority of the viewing public of other interesting subjects on the main channels. What makes me even more cross is our licence money is being used to cover this sport activity! I am seriously thinking of giving up tv altogether!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 07:32 PM
I don't mind football or rugby but do get a bit narked when hey mess round but I am o.k as I have freesat and a fire stick so always something to watch
Been 2murders here over the weekend and a stabbing...and I thought we had left the title of most violent city behind us...one today was a street robbery, fella in his 50's...what a waste
Training was good, 5dogs there tonight
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Evening everyone. Moyra sorry to hear the problems re: the doctors.
Been awful here weather wise all day. Had to drive to the vet for a chat about Dillon and the cartrophen injections and his progress.
Worrying driving alongside a river and big lorries hurtling towards you on the other side of the road and very limited visibility at some points. Made it though.

Bit of a change this evening I am next door baby sitting. Well child sitting. Dillon is at home and it will of been long afternoon and evening for him. I could of brought him round but to be honest he finds Bun the youngest lab a bit much. So he is better off indoors and I will see him later and in all day tomorrow and to be fair he is not left often for long periods of time.
Beth and Paul have had the chance to see a show an audience with Rod Liddle they had hoped Beth's mum would be here but she has gone back to Cumbria and Paul's mum can no longer sit the children due to ill health so when they asked me I agreed.
Thought it was they least I could do as they were so generous with the football tickets for Mark.
Paul is a brilliant cook and left a lovely shepherd's pie for tea.
Phoebe not long gone to bed after many games and a bedtime story I had forgotten how tiring 5 year olds could be. George is 10 and happy on the lap top and able to see himself to bed.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
There are enough sports channels without depriving the majority of the viewing public of other interesting subjects on the main channels.
Yes, I always thought that was why they introduced all the Sky sports channels so that BBC / ITV could show other programmes and they would not have to waste licence fee money competing for sport TV rights. What seems to have happened is exactly the opposite Sky still paying silly money AND BBC / ITV paying as well. No wonder all these footballers are earning such huge salaries

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Been 2murders here over the weekend and a stabbing...and I thought we had left the title of most violent city behind us.
Gosh, I do hope you are a safe distance away from such things. Sadly murder and mayhem seem to be everywhere now.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Worrying driving alongside a river and big lorries hurtling towards you on the other side of the road and very limited visibility at some points. Made it though.
Hi Lynn, some of those roads I know from my youth, even in my 20's I didn't like driving on them, a friend of mine went off at night in winter and was lucky that an off duty ambulance driver was behind him and got him out of the water quickly.
I'm sure Dillon will be OK for the few hours you're away, good to see you posting on here again and I read about the car fuse thing. I would have thought that the local garage could find a faulty fuse it's not difficult but maybe with modern engines it's hidden away in some electronic box that only 'main dealers' are allowed to open

As you said weather has been awful. Took Casey & Rianna out this afternoon and got well and truly soaked, forgot my woolly hat so was not in a good mood when I got home. June is not supposed to be like this
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Blimey griff bit worrying.
Hi Harvey yes the local gargae could see it was a fault with the immobiliser but the main dealer had the more sophisticated equipment to get past the code.
How are Rianna's legs now ?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >