Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Morning all
Moyra, hope you didn't,t get wet walking amber and hope you can get hold of the Drs
Sue and Tumbleweed ,hoping the sofa people show up!
Brenda, hope the book is good
TW...I checked our other wilko and tesco for pills...nothing!!
Going to have to do some ironing I think...that's a couple of hours I guess, training tonight
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Nothing at the Docs from the hospital, phoned the hospital nothing there will phone me back tomorrow.

Phoned the garage, they will start the welding on my car this afternoon and hope it will all be done by tomorrow night. I need to phone them about 4pm tomorrow, fingers crossed it will all be done!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
not very happy with the service at the moment as they are the only local company to mess us about.
Count yourself lucky Barry, we moved about the same time as you and I have at least half a dozen people I would never use again, two plumbers, a hardware store, garden services company, and a couple of others

One of the plumbers turned up whie I was in hospital, never phoned before to say he was comming, never asked my wife what needed doing or ask for my mobile, just did what he thought was the job, failed to add any supports on a waste pipe, didn't add the insulation on a pipe in the loft, and then sent me huge bill
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Hello all
Took Lauryn to have her blood tests done, then the opticians and made an appointment at the dentist for her.
Tony rang the docs and he's not happy, ( the doc not Tony) he's said he wants to see him at 2.10 then tomorrow he's to go to hospital, they must be worried cos they getting him seen quick Tony is in a lot of pain with it.
I'm also back at work today after a fairly nice week off. Would have been better if Tony not been in so much pain and feeling grumpy lol
Brenda what book you reading?
TW I've posted them tablets for you
Moyra I'd use the private number
Griff can I send my ironing over please
Hope the sofa people turn up
Right will try and get back in later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 11:57 AM
He he glad I did my ironing yesterday and missed Mandy's
Absolute dreadful rainstorm here, coming down like you wouldn't believe so have been stuck in waiting for things to calm down, thank goodness I have been going out a little later than usual as got Zen out first then the others, if I go out too early it messes up their lunchtimes, because of that I wasn't caught out in the rain. Been out to hand bones over and tidy up, picked up their dishes from breakfast and they must have had a couple of inches of rain in them, that shows how heavy the rain has been.
Off out to get LPG and see whats in Sainsbury's
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Tried to phone the docs but phone constantly engaged!
Moyra, that drives me mad. You hear people on the news pontificating about all the problems in the NHS, there would be no problems if there were less people trying to use the service. It's simple, too many people trying to use a resource which was designed for a population half the size of what we have now.

When Mr. Beveridge outlined his plan for the NHS almost all doctors operated out of an annex attached to their house, most people walked or cycled to see their doctor, usually with no need to make an appointment at all, life was altogether more civilised.

Can you imagine your GP allowing his or her private address to be given to patients today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 01:30 PM
I remember those days, Harvey. Can distinctly remember going to see our doctor in the front room of his house
Still raining here, not quite as torrential but not a nice day at all.
The shelf where the tablets were at Sainsbury's is empty
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 01:54 PM
The book I picked up is called Christmas promise by Annie Groves. It is set in ww2. Haven't started it yet. This will make some of you laugh, pressed record for doctors while I watched neighbours only to find it isn't on all week. So I am going to start the book.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Harvey, I remember those days. My doctor knew our entire family and its history. I am not pursuing it any further. I know I have lots of health problems and quite frankly I cannot see them being resolved that easily, but do I care, not any more. I am getting weaker but nobody lives for ever. I am at the age, my ex husband died 6 years ago so it comes to us all in time. I am tired and weary of fighting. My time will come as and when my only worry is Amber, I do not want to let her down, but I struggle now to walk her. Steve, does not realize just how weak I feel but that is his problem not mine. I will struggle on and perhaps it will keep me going!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2016, 03:11 PM
It really is disgraceful that you are waiting for an operation, but can't go any further with it all as you can't get to see your doctor. Thats the reason I've given up with them, but I'm not waiting for an operation and am not in the poor state of health you are.
Can you email the practice, they usually have some sort of site now, perhaps worth having a look, email them then they can get back to you without having to resort to a phone system that is no longer viable.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >