Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, June 12

Good Morning everyone, well it is dry here at the moment and I have to get Amber out for her walk, although she hasn't eaten her breakfast yet.

Brenda, sorry to hear about your friends dog, she must be heartbroken.

Griff hope you are feeling brighter this morning.

June, your poor back, I think that it the last thing I want when I am suffering to have someone complaining down the phone about some trivial matter.

Have a good day everyone and stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 08:26 AM
MorningMoyra...I hope you were allowed to get up in your own time today
TW the banana thing worked for me....tried it the second time but I was fretting over stuff so it didn't help and I get an upset tum from eating them too regular lol
Didn't sleep well again, a couple of hours.....I feel o.k though which is great
Wonder if Lynn has heard about her car yet
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Good morning

Hope you get Amber out before it rains Moyra and that you have a quiet day.

Take it easy today Griff and hope the bath panel goes right first time.

Hope Lynn is ok. Sorry about your friend's dog Brenda.

Have managed to get Teazle out before the rain which is quite heavy at the moment. Think its a day to stay in and do nothing so I expect I will be bored

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Dry here at the moment, but its forecast in the next couple of hours , then all day tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not one bit happy about this because when I went to bed last night it wasn't that bad. Will get girls out for a quick walk, river is going to be too high to take Lona and Mabs swimming and not worth the hassle going on the country park or towpath on a Sunday, so I'm a but limited.
Moyra,my friend has no one really she can download to, back been OK with the dry weather, the last couple of days I've been in pain again with all the wet weather and trying to cut out the only painkillers that work and don't make me drowsy, because someone somewhere has decided they can't sell them. As no pharmacist seems to be aware of this happening its mystifying me as to what exactly is going on
Well, back to wellies and waterproofs, at least my new plants are enjoying the wet weather, they are shooting up
Wonder if the news on the car was bad and pushed Lynn over the edge of reason
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Yes, that's a thought June. Cars are a pain in the butt but such a necessary evil. I hope things have worked out ok for Lynn and her car and Dillon is ok too.

I worked out with the full cost of the MOT, Insurance and Tax I have to find a little over a grand by the end of the month, but I still say I shall have a decent car at the end of it and I do love her the poor old girl she has apart from the underneath problems done well so far. I am sure my cousin Andy, who died from Leukaemia a short while after I bought her from him will be looking down and thinking that girl loves that car and deserves a good run with her.

June it is a mystery about your painkillers, I wish there was something more you could do to ease the problem.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Was about to take Amber out for another run but took one look outside and it is peeing it down again! She will have to wait a bit longer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Had Zen out for her onlead walk, and the rain started,made it back home, changed into a coat and wax hat and took Kesh and Mabs onto the field and we got soaked through. Came home and took Cariad and Lona onto the grass alongside the riverbank and then home again, by which time, of course, it had stopped. Very humid here.
Have got some sheets and t shirts to iron and bath towels to go in the wash, all of which I could have done yesterday, but had the day off and played computer games
I reckon my cars going to cost a fair bit as well Moyra, will have to go on the credit card as just about got enough to pay Allan to do the pointing and I have the Kennel Project starting, because there is no way I will get through winter the state of the one Zen's eaten, it was never that wonderful, but now its been chewed and ripped apart it looks like something from a neglect programme Like you say I won't get a car as reliable and cheap to run as the one I've got for the cost of the MOT so I'll stick with it. I'd have to pay insurance whatever happened, just that they both happen together more or less, insurance is due any day now, and I'm dreading it, apparently because of the floods at Christmas everyone's insurance has gone up round here, even though the old part of the village wasn't affected at all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Yes, it's a pain when insurance and tax all come at the same time as MOT but as you say Tax and Ince have to be found anyway!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2016, 01:30 PM
We have had rain here too, still warm though
We have 2 cars and it used to be that both were taxed mot'd and insured at the same time.....nightmare!!!!!! Now one is July mot and the other september....thankfully
Panel seems o.k, flooring to go down today hopefully...still no shower, sink or toilet so ing to go up and downstairs
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2016, 02:00 PM
You're nearly there Griff, the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train coming
I pay the car tax by direct debit every month now, so not so much of a large bill in January just after Christmas
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >