Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
A friend's father was having trouble with a neighbour over a tree which he wasn't allowed to touch so being a solicitor he sent him a letter saying he had the right to cut to fence line and as the tree belonged to neighbour he would be putting all the branches in his garden. Neighbour came back and told him he could cut it back and he also could dispose of the branches but never spoke to them again
This is exactly what should happen, cut back to the line and chuck the branches over the fence

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
accusing my then OH of cutting the branches off THEIR tree which was overhanging MY garden. He hadn't actually, but what sort of mentality was that, and I was never ever allowed to cut the hedge, it was THEIR hedge. Thank goodness it has gone now and a fence in its place.

But you may find they claim to own the fence like my neighbour did, no one owns the boundary but usually one side has the responsibilty of maintaining it. I was willing to pay for making it higher (So Casey couldn't escape) and the neanderthal neighbour accused me of 'criminal damage' Even if you had cut the branches back to the line you would have been legally entitled to do so (Provided you then chucked the cut branches over the fence )

The other side is a lovely lady whose husband died suddenly last year. So we have the neighbour from hell on one side and the neighbour from heaven on the other, as Eve in our local store said "One out of two ain't bad"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Griff - My OH doesn't much like harnesses, don't ask me why I used one on Casey when we first got him as they prevent the dog from getting away as you well know it's so easy for a dog to slip their collar.

But dear old Casey has managed to destroy the buckle and the webbing came apart so seeing as he is so much calmer and doesn't try to go chasing everything he sees I have not yet bought a new one. He's never managed to slip his collar so far

And to tell the truth I would probably suffer a heart attack if I had to pay that much for one
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2016, 09:28 PM
£62 my weekly shop doesn't cost that in fact my food bill for the girls for a whole month isn't much different. I do have half check or check chains on the girls, but they go out in gentle leaders, unless there is just one, I once tried Mabs in her K9 harness and it was a nightmare, never ever again, they take you where they will. All mine walk really well on the arrangement I've got and £62 is ridiculous actually, I've gone all weak
They paid for the fence Harvey, I did offer to pay half (via the contractor) but the message back was no, so thats OK, saved myself some money. I paint 'my' side of the fence every year, theirs is a mess, so ha ha Suit themselves I don't care, lived here over 30 years and no idea what it is they don't like, maybe the horse coming round for a bath perhaps, who knows I always make sure my garden looks better than theirs, and with Jeff on the other side its not difficult Their sons speak to me and are always pleasant, but I keep myself strictly to myself. Once all the roof felt off the girls big house (not the one I've got now) was taken off, a big square and there is no other way it could have been taken off than by them, bloke who did the house for me was totally mystified as to WHY
I think if you check the deeds (which I did - oh and so did they ) then the boundary hedge or fence is jointly maintained, but they wanted it to be theirs, so now it is theirs as they paid for it, who cares
Griff my friend asked if she should stay with her horse whilst she settled in, and they told her no, leave her to settle and come back tomorrow, thank goodness someone giving her sensible down to earth advice instead of the lunatic ramblings from so called experts she's been receiving
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
It was £62 for the 2 harness' so only £31 each but still...they don't wear collars, kota has seasonal alopecia and they make her worse and Deags is allergic to everything...they are chipped and have the harness' on but I don't much like collars with pulling dogs, tried a head collar..she won't have it, she will walk to heel using a ball or food but I find it difficult to hold the lead, ball or treat and my crutch
I thought of you today Harvey, there is a girl newfoundland been reserved out of Kerry dog pound..saw her and thought immediately of you, Rianna and casey....hopefully she will now get a new fresh start just like Casey
Lol about the horse coming for a wash and your mate wanting to stay with her horse.
I have come to the conclusion that neighbours are just weird...the house with the ones we don't speak to has always been a weird house....every single family in that place have been ODD!!!! I know that is rich coming from me lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Phone has been quiet and I've actually been able to watch telly without going over the same ground. Strangely enough girls are in bed and have been there since well before 9 pm when I went to check them, they had a banana each after their tea and wondering if Eileen is right and not an Eejit. Will try this again in a couple of days and see if it happens again. Miserable night, raining and just horrid
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4