Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Thanks Gnasher - I will consider myself stirred! lol !
Wow! I'm terribly flattered at my grand old age that I can cause stirrings!!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2016, 11:13 PM
I too am of a gracefully antique nature and do find that nowadays I tend toward Mr Bond's favourite cocktail.
That is of course "More shaken than stirred!"
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2016, 09:37 AM
How intriguing! From now on Gordon you will be referred to as 007 by moi!! Which Bond is your favourite? For me, it has to be Sean Connery - he just WAS Bond. And Judi Dench for me epitomises M.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-06-2016, 10:21 PM
With you completely on your choices of both "007" and "M".
Oddly though my favourite film of the Bond franchise was "Skyfall" which I enjoyed immensely. Was truly surprised when La Belle Dench bought the farm at the end of it. Quite a surprise, I had actually gone to the cinema to see that one and there was an audible gasp from the audience upon her demise.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
With you completely on your choices of both "007" and "M".
Oddly though my favourite film of the Bond franchise was "Skyfall" which I enjoyed immensely. Was truly surprised when La Belle Dench bought the farm at the end of it. Quite a surprise, I had actually gone to the cinema to see that one and there was an audible gasp from the audience upon her demise.
It was truly shocking 007 ... a brilliant film though nonetheless, even without Sean!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2016, 08:51 AM
We are going right off topic here, but Sean Connery is my fave Bond too, but Bernard Lee was my favourite M.

Skyfall is by far the greatest Bond movie of all time imo though. And possibly because it had less double entendre and cheesy gags and the storyline was gritty and tough. Loved it.

I also loved the Scottish Highland scenes were shot in the glen where I have my cottage
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
We are going right off topic here, but Sean Connery is my fave Bond too, but Bernard Lee was my favourite M.

Skyfall is by far the greatest Bond movie of all time imo though. And possibly because it had less double entendre and cheesy gags and the storyline was gritty and tough. Loved it.

I also loved the Scottish Highland scenes were shot in the glen where I have my cottage
Wow!! Lucky you Moobli!!

I loved the original Q - the guy who used to say in a clipped English accent:

"Now listen carefully, 007!!" That always used to crack me up. The guy who played M I wasn't so keen on ... I loved Judi!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Seem to remember that the original chap who played "Q" was called Desmond LLewellyn. Fine old school type of actor.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
and the storyline was gritty and tough.
Sorry Kirsty, have generally agreed with you on many things all the time I've been on Dogsey but not on this one

My favorite Bond was undoubtedly Roger Moore, when I watch a film (Which is rare these days) I don't want reality I want fantasy. I get more than enough grittines and tough just having to mix with the likes of those around here.

Of course where you live you don't have that problem
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sorry Kirsty, have generally agreed with you on many things all the time I've been on Dogsey but not on this one

My favorite Bond was undoubtedly Roger Moore, when I watch a film (Which is rare these days) I don't want reality I want fantasy. I get more than enough grittines and tough just having to mix with the likes of those around here.

Of course where you live you don't have that problem

I definitely have a soft spot for Roger Moore, as I grew up knowing him as Bond.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >