Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Morning
Enjoy BRENDA
Just popping in to see how MOYRA,is getting on .Hope you're ok xx
Never a dull moment NORMA that's for sure
Gardener has arrivedwell 4 of them actuallyHappy Days and the weather is fabLacey is not amused,she's having to sit on a patio chairWants to be outside for a nosey but the back gate has to remain open so she's safer on the chair.Will walk her in a bit.
Mum is coming up for tea later,she has a really long appointment today.Maybe get her to have a wee nanny nap as well
Ok,well enjoy your day all,will see you later
Oh GNASHER spotting the fox...how lovelyI watched one out the window once.It was about 2am,had been snowing and there this guy was stood looking roundStayed about 5 minutes and then went under the gate into the field.Was amazing to see,really beautiful
Catch ya later xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 10:19 AM
GRIFF,where are my manners??hope you feel better soon.Just right,give the doc a call (( hugs))
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Hi Eileen. Just read your post out to daughter Sara and it reminded me about Duncan. Can't believe it is over 18 months ago. Time flies as they say.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 10:36 AM
I know BRENDA,it's unbelievableThink about him everydayMust just have a look see if I can find out any news on how the big doughnut is getting onThanks for thinking of himxx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Hello Everyone, just got home from the hospital. Was there at 8.20 and they had a generator problem so no lights etc. Had to eventually and have a pee in the dark because the automatic lights did not come on. You would think they would have a back up system. But no. The light and everything eventually came on at 9.00am. 9.20 as asked them if the anethestist knew I was waiting. Oh dear said they we didn't have one yesterday and they are two short on the wards, will make enquiries. Another hour later another anaestatist showed his face. I told him apparently he was going to be cut in three, he said it would appear so. Anyway in the meantime an Pathology assistant interviewed me and directed me as to which of my medication I could not take and how long before the operation, quite a few apparently. She then passed me over to yet another nurse who was asking me the self same questions as I had already answered the other day. Eventually the Doctor turned up and apologised. My tummy was so upset I had to take breaks to go to the loo. He took my temperature asked about my post traumatic stress disorder and the panic attacks. Listened to my heart and said it was racing, also my breathing was very eratic. He called for a Heart monitor, I told him I had already had ECG but he said they needed to actually look at my heart. So another wait to find out if I would have to come back or whether they could get the technicians to come and do the scan. Fortunately they did but by the time they arrived it was quarter to twelve. I eventually left about 20 minutes later.

Apparently I may not have General anaesthetic and may have a localized pain killer into the spine which will deaden my legs etc for a few hours. They will decide next Wednesday when I turn up for the op. Cela vie' that's the latest. I have to walk Amber her mid day walk as he himself has other things to do in the garden!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2016, 12:04 PM
What a fiasco Moyra.
Mum had to have all her ops done by the name escapes me but put into the spine.
She had her first hip replacement done that way and her knee fixed that way too each time she said she didn't feel a thing and she was in her late 80's and early 90's. Hope that's a little reassuring to you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Epidural. That's the one.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Oh Moyra what a performance you've gone through today just hope things go smoothly on op day hugs
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Lynn, I asked him if it was an Epidural like you have when giving birth and he said no. It will freeze the whole of my bottom legs etc. and I will not be able to walk for a few hours. Not looking forward to being able to watch the operation but on the other hand lets get it done and finished with.

Griff hope you managed to sort your problems today. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2016, 12:20 PM
I had ga and epidural after my osteotomy....bloody brilliant!!! One thing I would say is if they are giving you fluids in theatre ask for a catheter...you can't feel a thing. Mum had her knee done that way too.
Errrrrrm, you are poorly..can Steve not leave the garden be and take Amber for a mooch???
Hi ya Lacey...always knew you were roooood!!!! Lol only joking, there is tonnes to remember! Ahhhh the lovely Duncan, he was a beautiful boy
Brenda, hope you have a great day
Sorry to anyone I have missed, the bath unit is here....they hadn't got the right bits though so we have had to make do with another part. Never mind!!!! Bath is getting plumbed in might get a shower sometime next millenium
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >