Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Tortured puppy dumped outside Edmonton primary school

A HORRIFIC scene greeted parents and children as they arrived at an Edmonton (London) primary school this morning to discover the body of a burnt puppy dumped outside.

Shocked parents tried to protect pupils from the distressing sight, but many were left screaming after spotting the puppy's charred corpse.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier, described by eye witnesses as weeks old, had been stuffed into a bin bag, but half its badly-burnt body was left exposed and clearly visible.

One parent at Houndsfield Primary School, in Ripon Road, Edmonton, raised the alarm and the school caretaker promptly removed the bag to prevent other children from coming across it.

The cruel stunt was branded "sadistic" by Jessica Waters, an outreach worker at neighbouring Forest Road children's centre.

She said: "This is just absolutely disgusting. To abuse and torture a little puppy that probably had never done anything wrong, and then dump it outside a school where children are very likely to see it, is sadistic.

"If its owner cannot look after it, there's an animal shelter just down the road. We have had parents come in this morning with their toddlers, who have siblings at the primary school, who are traumatised by what they've seen. A lot of them have pets. It is sick. Just disgusting."

It is believed the puppy could have been left outside the school between yesterday evening and the early hours this morning.

Andrea Nutter, Houndsfield headteacher, said, "Our caretaker, Lee Wilkinson, acted immediately by calling the police and the RSPCA who took the puppy away.

"It is very sad the puppy died.The children were all very well behaved as thet came into school and I appreciate the quick effort made by Lee for taking the matter in hand so efficiently."

The RSPCA and Enfield police were both called to Ripon Road this morning to investigate.

RSPCA spokeswoman Klare Kennett said: "We would like to hear from anybody who knows anything about this poor puppy. It looked like it had suffered before being burned. It might have been used for dog fighting.

"Staffordshire Bull Terriers are lovely dogs, but this dog had clearly been neglected and abused."

She added there were instances of young puppies being used to help train older dogs for fighting.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.

LINK: http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/...rimary_school/
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 02:07 PM
This kind of thing makes me sick, There are plenty of places they could have looked after the poor wee thing,and to leave the pup at a school is disgusting
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Sick, sick, evil, I hope who ever has done this, at some time soon, suffers pain and torture like they inflicted on the poor defenceless puppy
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Tragic poor baby
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:34 PM
This poor poor baby!!!

Seems like this baby had been used for baiting , died and then they tried to cover up the evidence. Who ever has done this must be such an evil ba$$ard!!!!

Doubt they will ever get caught. Just so sick.

RIP little baby, run free xxx
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Can't believe this

This is just round the corner from me and I know there are problems with dogfighting round here, but that's just ... there's not even any words for it.

That poor puppy must have had the most horrific time before it died. So unnecessary and so inhuman.

People should be culled for this kind of thing.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
People should be culled for this kind of thing.
Totally agree with you. I just cannot understand this evil behaviour. The poor little baby, he or she is at peace now. To the sick freaks that did this, I hope they die an equally unpleasant death and rot in hell for an eternity.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
To the sick freaks that did this, I hope they die an equally unpleasant death and rot in hell for an eternity.
exactly what i was thinking!
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Absolutely disgusting
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-09-2010, 08:46 PM
poor little thing i hope the people are caught for this horific act
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >