Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Border collie/working sheepdog?????

When filling in the form for the activities register it asks what breed your dog is, Tegs parents were't breed registered so do I put border collie or working sheepdog?
Sorry for being a numpty just want to get it right!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:19 PM
No such breed as a Working Sheepdog, a BC is a BC is a BC.
I always put BC along with a note complaining at the KCs attitude - they will send the certificate saying the mythical non-existant `breed name` of `WSD` regardless, but if enough of us stick to our guns they may see sense one day and will accept that they should stop pretending a BC is anything but what it is, [ but don`t hold your breath ].
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
No such breed as a Working Sheepdog, a BC is a BC is a BC.
I always put BC along with a note complaining at the KCs attitude - they will send the certificate saying the mythical non-existant `breed name` of `WSD` regardless, but if enough of us stick to our guns they may see sense one day and will accept that they should stop pretending a BC is anything but what it is, [ but don`t hold your breath ].
raw nerve patch???
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:28 PM
LOL< I knew yours would be the first reply Patch.The whole WSD/BC debate continues. I do however agree with you.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Just a tad
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I totally agree with Patch but we know what it will come back as. I will put BC on Rubys reg. but it will come back as WSD. Can registrations be done on line? bit of a numpty when it comes to technology

Jeanette
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok, I'll put BC and live in hope thats what it will say when we get our certificate!!!!
(Sorry Patch!)
I don't think you can do it online or on the phone, I've only found a form to print off.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I know litters can be registered online now but not sure about activities register, I don`t do paypal thingy or any online shopping so I`ve never thought to find out, I always use snail mail

I only ever put one name choice s well, I don`t give them the opportunity to pick any but my preferred choice but I always phone first to make sure its available at the time because when I sent Defa`s off years ago they phoned to tell me he could`n have his own name because of a breeder using it as an affix, which I thought was a stoopid reason as the registries are different anyway
I gave his nickname over the phone instead and as they already had the cheque they accepted that instead of me having to resend the form.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Ok, I'll put BC and live in hope thats what it will say when we get our certificate!!!!
(Sorry Patch!)
I don't think you can do it online or on the phone, I've only found a form to print off.

Don`t be sorry I`m just a crotchety mare at the moment so any excuse to take a pop at the KC about it is a good thing
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Hopefully I will get Wiccaweys Ruby Tuesday for young Ruby, Cant think of anyone who already has this ,can you Patch?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >