Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

30-07-2004, 03:41 PM

Message for Lizzy

Hi

I remember you asking if I use the same vets for the horses and the dogs - well, yes, I do - but only because they have stables, fields and facilities for horses there and proper equine vets - mine has 11 horses of his own. My last vets had "some" equine knowledge, but not enough for me to be happy - they seemed to jump to conclusions.

What about you?
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Hi,

No, we have to use different practices. The equine vets are fantastic, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) they only do horses. Our small animal vets are useless! My Mum has been with the same practice for years, but it has been sold twice and the latest partners are awful. Looking to change practices, but nobody around here seems any better....

We used to use a practice that did both small and large animals for the horses, but when we were expecting our first foal they informed us that if complications arose we'd be lucky to get any vet out at night, let alone an equine vet! We changed practices before the birth, which was 5 years ago now, and couldn't be happier with them. Now we need to find decent vets for doggies....