View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I never do exactly the same route 2 days running, or the same time.

I also don't have a particular word for 'walkies' - my Dad did, and anything sounding even slightly like it would have the dogs going mad!!! I only have to think about taking Hollie out and she somehow knows!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I try to go to as many different places as possible, there are about 3 good local walks and many further afield.
Becky
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Only time I do same walk in succession is when I have to walk Ozzy before I start work twice a week and then it is 6.00am and pitch black and have to take a torch!

This is when I go on a short walk just get him so exercise in before I trundle off to work.:smt002

Every other time I like to mix it up a bit and take in some views too. We are very lucky to live so near all the countryside we are spoiled really!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Ooh noooo, we try to go different places all the time. Where I live we have the South Lakes just 20 mins drive one way, and the Yorkshire Dales 30-40 mins in the other direction and loads of great walks from the doorstep, so I try to vary our walks as much as possible
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:57 AM
at the moment we are doing the same walks - partly cos i am not coping with stuff so just keeping going. feel guilty as i like to take them different places but just cant cope with walking them in some of their favs cos how i am feeling

sue
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:44 AM
We have the about 3 or 4 different areas we walk, but about 20 dofferent routes/directions etc. Only thing that is the same is the length of the walks, moring one is allways an hour etc...
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-01-2007, 09:00 AM
the work day morning walk ,5.15am is just a short one .same every day. the o/h takes them out during the day dont know where but our evening walk is varied.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Shady, yes she basically goes in the car to the field and I throw a frisbee for her 2-3 times a day. This is because she is extremely fear aggresive with other dogs and traffic. So wlaking her places where another dog may appear off lead way ahead of its owner is not feasable as neither is stressing her out making her walk along roads with traffic whizzing by. This way she gets a good run and wears off that energy, she loves her frisbee and the field I take her too there is only access to from top and bottom so I can see in advance if another dog enters the field.
Milo I take for walks various places on an extending lead as he would dissapear into the sunset on lead. But I try to vary his walks as much as I can. he goes out 2-3 times a day also.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 10:32 AM
During the week the walks are the same every day. So the girls get to met their friends on a daily basis. during the day they go to work with O/H and run about in a 90 acre field three times during his shift. Weekends as we are investigating the Island still so we do different walks all the time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Pretty much the same here, same walk every morning and then week-ends I go a lot further with Dave and to a different place than I walk during the week. If that all makes sense!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2