Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Aww he looks happy, think you have definitely made the right choice for him
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm all choked up for you, you have done such a wonderful thing. I say wonderful as although Beau has been waiting to go to his knew home, I know how attached you got to him.

The saying goes 'if you love them let them go' - you can tell by your posts how much you love him.

He will have a wonderful life, you have done the right thing for him. xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 01:17 PM
thanks, I feel like cruela-devil, cant stop crying, feel awful, Beau gave me so much he dotted on me adored me did every thing he could to please me and in return what did I do, I gave him away,,,,, its made me question showing / breeding though,,,,,,I just dont have the gut for it, OH says never mind one day we will win the lottery and will be able to keep what we breed, he had a bubble to though, beau is one in a million, need to plan a trip to see him some time in the summer,
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2007, 01:30 PM
shona you shouldnt feel awful, you've done what you think is best for him... i think he was just trying to make all the time he had with you as great as possible, whilst he was waiting for his 'own' home
((({{Hugs}}))) and rose sends a big sloppy kiss
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 02:52 PM
He will love his new place! And he'll love seeing you in the summer! I know your heart must be breaking, but he looks so happy with his new owners!

Keep your chin up, let us know how he has got on with the journey when you speak to them later
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Well Shona I really think you've done the right thing.

I deeply feel it's not wealth, or the lack of it, which makes a good owner, it's a love and empathy with the dog which has to come from within. Beau's new owners seem to be that sort of people. You will be sad, but after you've been to visit him I'm sure you'll know that you did what you had to do.

And what's more Beau now has something I have aspired to all my life - cream leather upholstery
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Andrew has called, Beau (thor) is fine never up - chucked in the car, was worried about that, they were not though, he has all his own stuff from here toys vet bed and teddys n stuff, Andrew said when they got home he had some dinner, put the vet bed down, he grabbed his teddy (turtle) and went to sleep head on his turtle, if Andrew goes out of the room he gets up and toddles after him, but turtle is going everywhere to, guess its his little security thing at the min as it will smell like home, sure he will soon be able to relax without it, hes not stressed he assures me, his vet is his brother in law, he will check him on monday, would love it if my BIL was a vet,,,his last rotty lived untill it was 14 years old and they lost him just before xmas, so he has done something right, My big worrie was that beau would freek out, but he has not, guess he is just perfect,
He thanked me for handing him a wonderful, well trained, well behaved dog, he knew he had a good un when he seen the dog with me this morning off lead and playing with me at Kinnard,that along with how upset I got, Dougie had felt a bit sorry for Andrew and Gloria as they could not get his attention while I was there, but then again dougie cant do it either if I am about, Finaly stopped crying, sure the feeling in my gut will soon pass, he said he will call tomorow or monday to update me, he knows to call if anything should go wrong, fingers crossed that he bonds quickly, guess as he is following Andrew around he has already spotted the softy,

LOVE YA ALL THANKS FOR BEING THERE WHEN I NEEDED IT MOST,,,,,XXX
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6